Landowner problems when leasing

Help Support CattleToday:

They might. But they might also tell the woman to stop mowing until there can be a conversation between the landlord and the tenant. In any case there will be Win the battle, lose the war.

They might. But they might also tell the woman to stop mowing until there can be a conversation between the landlord and the tenant. In any case there will be a paper trail established.
Win the battle, lose the war.

Win the battle, lose the war.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Look, I'm not saying anyone has to take such a hard line that they ruin their relationship with the landlord... I'm saying that there is a wrong that needs to be addressed immediately and prevented from being made worse. The tenant has every right to insist that the mowing stops... immediately. He is the one being harmed. And what are you losing if the landlord doesn't take your concerns seriously? People that don't live up to their contracts are dangerous to do business with.

Last edited:
But she wasn't your daughter. My comment was directed at the spoiled daughter.
She knows daxm well the land was rented out and about tenant's rights. Her actions reveal she is accustomed to bullying to get whatever she pleases.

op asked:
What is wrong with these people?
Lack of discipline, the daughter needed to be disciplined long before this.
No, I believe the daughter was absolutely clueless about what the farmer did on the lease...she was clueless about mowing down good forage...and she was definitely clueless about the fertilizer and time he had in the field. I blame her dad, for not fully understanding what the farmer was doing on the lease and then explaining to his daughter what she can and can't do on leased land...and that she would need permission from the farmer leasing the land. Agreed on "lack of discipline"...her dad wasn't doing his part! I blame the dad.

I can't imagine leasing by the month. Fertilize in late March and the landlord kicks you off in June ? Nope. Not me babe. I got it all year drought or rain or whatever. 3 cuttings, they're mine. 1 cutting, my loss.

I've always leased by the year. With options. Written agreements like fences maintained, hunting or no hunting, etc. I have always improved the land and always had good relations. Never a split payment. Come January I know the renewal and lease payment are due.

Wow. Id be p*ssed if i was the renter here. Rent property for agricultural purposes just for some entitled nitwits to takeaway your income. Even if just a verbal agreement, things would change pretty quickly. Best case scenario would probably get out as soon as able.
Side note, that absolute idiot daughter sounds like the stereotypical idiot city dwelling "animal owner." Mowed to see what was there? Well, she jus mowed 4-5 acres of good grazing for her horses that she probably starves to begin with.

Wow. Id be p*ssed if i was the renter here. Rent property for agricultural purposes just for some entitled nitwits to takeaway your income. Even if just a verbal agreement, things would change pretty quickly. Best case scenario would probably get out as soon as able.
Side note, that absolute idiot daughter sounds like the stereotypical idiot city dwelling "animal owner." Mowed to see what was there? Well, she jus mowed 4-5 acres of good grazing for her horses that she probably starves to begin with.
A month or so ago I mowed ~ 25 acres of bluestem with a hydraulic shredder "to see what was there" didn't know I was being a idiot Thought I was being smart actually. Thanks for straighten that out.

Last edited:
No, I believe the daughter was absolutely clueless......... I blame the dad.
I blame the grandparents for coddling both of them.

Even though she's an adult, the daughter is a woman and therefore not responsible for her actions. :)

Last edited:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Look, I'm not saying anyone has to take such a hard line that they ruin their relationship with the landlord... I'm saying that there is a wrong that needs to be addressed immediately and prevented from being made worse. The tenant has every right to insist that the mowing stops... immediately. He is the one being harmed. And what are you losing if the landlord doesn't take your concerns seriously? People that don't live up to their contracts are dangerous to do business with.
🤣. I hope your not serious

Okay... I admit it. I don't get the attitude that kids should get participation awards for showing up and the kid that excels should share glory because it might make some poorly performing kid feel bad.
I feel the same way about kids, we are talking about a lease place though. Bottom line is whenever you lease a place you are at someone elses mercy. You can do allot of things to mitigate your risk but you are still just a Tennant that can be evicted at a moments notice. I guess you can pitch a fit and stay for a little while but at the end of the day.....

Latest posts