Land sales & Taxation

Help Support CattleToday:

Big Redly

Reaction score
Since our government has us 30+ trillion in debt that has to come from somewhere, with certain kinds of land use regulations being un-American in principle, with the price of land skyrocketing, with one particular generation adding to their bonanza they've enjoyed from this country, with the Gen X & younger generations priced out of being first generation farmers, with vertical integration & all the other sundry ways corporations are taking over our daily lives, is it time for a "Homestead Tax"?
Wherein a seller could sell to a "owner/ tenant" who would actually live on the property and farm, but when the sale is to a: Corporation/ absentee landlord/ foreign sovereign wealth fund/ other entity that:
The SELLER pays, say, a 20% tax?

And I don't want to hear "COMMUNISM" because you know damn well that money is coming from SOMEWHERE, and as a small manufacturer it's ridiculous that they want it to come from me when people who bought property 40 or 50 years ago for $120 an acre are selling it for 5-10K per acre.

greybeard

Reaction score
Since our government has us 30+ trillion in debt that has to come from somewhere, with certain kinds of land use regulations being un-American in principle, with the price of land skyrocketing, with one particular generation adding to their bonanza they've enjoyed from this country, with the Gen X & younger generations priced out of being first generation farmers, with vertical integration & all the other sundry ways corporations are taking over our daily lives, is it time for a "Homestead Tax"?
Are periods a lot more expensive than commas?
There are 81 words in that single run-on sentence.

shaz

Reaction score
Wherein a seller could sell to a "owner/ tenant" who would actually live on the property and farm, but when the sale is to a: Corporation/ absentee landlord/ foreign sovereign wealth fund/ other entity that:
The SELLER pays, say, a 20% tax?

And I don't want to hear "COMMUNISM" because you know damn well that money is coming from SOMEWHERE, and as a small manufacturer it's ridiculous that they want it to come from me when people who bought property 40 or 50 years ago for $120 an acre are selling it for 5-10K per acre.
What is un-American land use regulations?

OP
Big Redly

Big Redly

Reaction score
It
Are periods a lot more expensive than commas?
There are 81 words in that single run-on sentence.
It's not a run on sentence if it has commas.
That's not much of an answer.Tha
No. Taxing has never helped any thing and you would be surprised how many "Family Farms" or family owned businesses are listed as corps.
That's it's own issue.

J+ Cattle

Reaction score
I'm opposed to taxation in many forms; property tax, sales tax, income tax and even hidden taxation like when you buy fuel for your vehicle there's a tax included in the price. Other "fees" that a state or local government entity charges are taxes, many are vehicle related because we all have cars and trucks and need them; drivers license fee, vehicle registration fee, inspection fee...all are taxes.
Less government intervention is better IMO.....

I added extra periods so everyone would like my post! :)

OP
Big Redly

Big Redly

Reaction score
D
I'm opposed to taxation in many forms; property tax, sales tax, income tax and even hidden taxation like when you buy fuel for your vehicle there's a tax included in the price. Other "fees" that a state or local government entity charges are taxes, many are vehicle related because we all have cars and trucks and need them; drivers license fee, vehicle registration fee, inspection fee...all are taxes.
Less government intervention is better IMO.....

I added extra periods so everyone would like my post! :)
Do you think corporations should have the same liberties as people in a free country?

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
The issue is corporations never die. So there's no disbursement upon death. They just pass it along to the next guy, and continually increase land holdings.
There are still individuals holding shares that have to follow all the rules of income/ assets. Plus, the corporation is paying taxes. How many more times do you want to tax that same money?

KAstocker

Reaction score
Do those corporations lease out their land? Someone is still going to do some form of ag on it if it is still ag land. I'm wondering if land will get lower (real value not nominal) when rates go up. Maybe some of these investor types will decide to sell their land and buy a treasury bill instead.