LAND PRICES WHERE ARE THEY HEADED?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":2bxzelvu said:
Not to get political, I voted early Saturday and I felt like it was an extremely hollow experience. I just don't know what to think of our crop of contenders. I feel like I am just along for the ride no matter what.

My dad had alwasy said he wished that before he died he could vote for someone instead of against spmeone. He taught us it was our duty to vote, even if you had to hold your nose and pull the lever.

dun":2405qwz9 said:
Lammie":2405qwz9 said:
Not to get political, I voted early Saturday and I felt like it was an extremely hollow experience. I just don't know what to think of our crop of contenders. I feel like I am just along for the ride no matter what.

My dad had alwasy said he wished that before he died he could vote for someone instead of against spmeone. He taught us it was our duty to vote, even if you had to hold your nose and pull the lever.

thats a new way of thinkin...lookin back i can say i pretty much did the viting against thing myself....lesser of 2 evils kinda

I don't know what I am supposed to do when they are all evils... :cry:

dun":2edhbf58 said:
Lammie":2edhbf58 said:
I don't know what I am supposed to do when they are all evils... :cry:

The lessor

Exactly I went and voted in the other primary Friday for the lessor.
And I loathe what these people stand for. They are against everything I believe in.
God, country,family and work and second ammendment rights.
In Texas you can vote in either primary.

im with ya caustic...they say that votin is how ya change things but when yer choices are limited do you really have a choice??

by the way...what is the story behind yer screene name sir?? me not being a texan here i been wonderin

dieselbeef":2j7iqlyq said:
im with ya caustic...they say that votin is how ya change things but when yer choices are limited do you really have a choice??

by the way...what is the story behind yer screene name sir?? me not being a texan here i been wonderin

Nothing really just an inside joke. Me and my neighbor used to hunt all this country around here when this was community pasture we were dog hunters. Coon, squirrel,deer,coyote if it made a track there was a dog here that would run it. City folks started leasing the area for hunting, when they would run into us in the woods in our bibs and flop down fedoras they would demand to know our names. I would state I am Caustic and this is my little brother Acid. They would get that Deliverance look about that time. Scared a Baptist preacher about half to death one time we still laugh about that fat little preacher running through the woods.

Yep seems everything getting out of whack.Housing market in a slump and land prices going through the roof.Price of gas and diesel then cost of living,cost of feed keeps going up but hourly wage remains the same in small towns.As far as politics,I just soon throw rocks at those running for office.
How the heck did things get so crazy?I am a die hard Dodge Mopar owner.But just got a Toyota Tacoma last week.Got a Honda ATV and Kawasaki Jetski in the shed.Toyota getting stronger in NASCAR
and Indy drivers coming to NASCAR.Where are things headed?Well I sure hope the land prices do the same as the housing market.

The thing that raised prices around here is the 10-31 exchange,(I think that's the name). People that grew up around here, moved to the city, made some real estate investments, sold them and have to reinvest the money to save on capital gains. I think everything is on a cycle, but I and no one else knows when the wheel's going to turn. It has really affected our farming operation, land rent is enough to cause a coronary, but you pay it because you have to...

Lammie, I want to thank your husband for the work he does. I don't live in a Clayton but after a lot of years serving churches as a pastor my husband and I were not able to afford a "real house". We had managed to purchase our land for retirement and had hoped to build a log house on our beautiful hill when we did retire. A lot of things happened to prevent us from doing that and we had to settle for a manufactured house. It has been our home for the last 8 years and we are thankful to God for providing us with something we could afford. I know all the negatives about manufactured homes but I am glad to have mine. Peopl are constantly amazed when we tell them it not a "real house." Please thank you husband for me.

I fear you are correct. Diesel two days ago was $3.64 at the truck stop. This morning it was $3.89. :shock: The company I work for had one round of layoffs in January, with more to come if business doesn't pick up. The law firm the wife works for has laid off 6 people so far this year. Sounds like a stagnant economy plus inflation to me.

Heard a report this monring from some far economist guy that said that in the farm belt (I'm assuming he meant mid west or corn belt) land prices are being driven by farm expansion and not the recreational or 311(?) money.

ETF":28jeso4f said:
I fear you are correct. Diesel two days ago was $3.64 at the truck stop. This morning it was $3.89. :shock: The company I work for had one round of layoffs in January, with more to come if business doesn't pick up. The law firm the wife works for has laid off 6 people so far this year. Sounds like a stagnant economy plus inflation to me.

ET I can understand your company laying off folks but I didn't think law suits and divorces ever went down to the point a law firm would lay off folks. :)

Texasbred - I imagine you are correct about the divorces and lawsuits. There will always be work for ambulance chasers. Unfortunately, the attorney she works for does real estate transactions. The slumping housing market has brought their work to a screeching halt.

ET, if they specialize in loan documents, etc. I'm sure their work load has taken a downturn. You'd think a lot of folks with ARM's would be wanting to convert to fixed rates but it may not be happening. Our real estate market is still strong compared to some areas of the country. Hope things pick up.