Laminated tire question

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I bought a Woods 7' cutter. It's about 45 miles from here. It has laminated tires. Think they'd survive the trip behind my truck? (Assuming I drive slow)

I bought a Woods 7' cutter. It's about 45 miles from here. It has laminated tires. Think they'd survive the trip behind my truck? (Assuming I drive slow)
I don't think I would. There expensive to replace, and you'll have a real headache if you make it half way home and have one fly apart. On a trailer would be a lot safer.

I wouldn't try it laminated tires are good for about 25-30 mph. Especially just a 7ft mower, easy enough to set it on a trailer.

I pull our 15' with laminate tires routinely 25-30 miles. Just try to keep it under 35mph and I think you'll be fine.

It is possible like Lazy M said. I've pulled our bat wing behind a tractor 30-40 miles on multiple occasions. Be sure the grease the bearings up good. I'd be more worried about them than the tires.

With that said, from experience, I tend to find when pulling things behind your truck you tend to go faster than intended. 45 miles at 30mph is a long, boring drive. If you can hold a strict 30mph the entire way you are a much more disciplined man than I. 😂

I'd find a trailer to set it on and save a lot of heartache.

We did 10 mph pulling a 10 foot disc, 30 miles with wires hanging out. 🙈🙉🙊
I'd do it. Better weigh out your options and how deep your pockets are.

The wire in those tires rusts. Depending on how rusty it may hold and it may not. with only a 7 ft cutter, I would haul it. I pulled a friends batwing mower 15 miles at about 20mph several years ago. I ended up buying 3 tires for him... Back then they were $75 ea.

I think that far on a highway may cause enough heat in the tire to delaminate them, those a spcified as low speed. Renting a trailer will becheaper than buying tires

I just did the exact same thing with a Deere 1018. About same miles. The advice I was given was to keep it under 20 mph. It's an older mower, but well kept. Laminated tires held together, but definitely could tell a difference in the wear on them from when I started. Blacktop all but 3-4 miles, got little over 20 mph a few times, never over 25. Don't know how fast you could go, but I wasn't taking any xtra chances. Guarantee if I'd of had a trailer to fit it on, that's what I would've done. But I didn't. That's my recent experience, for what it's worth.

Latest posts