Lake Mead

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah its a sad story the way states control their water. Heck just look at Oklahoma. Texas has a water shortage in many place but instead of Oklahoma sharing its extra water, it goes into Lake Texoma and on down to the gulf of Mexico.

So instead of having this water available, Texas has to build reservoirs just a few miles south of Texoma and use imminent domain to take land from its citizens.

1964 proposal for a North American Water and Power Alliance.
.... seems every 10-15 years variations of it resurface.... just recently I think Captain Kirk (Wm Shatner) endorsed the idea of a pipeline from the Great Northwest to supply California.
This week a Califorian environmentalist reporter is pitching the idea of a National water project to divert water from the Mississippi river to the Colorado river to supply Lake Mead.

Yeah its a sad story the way states control their water. Heck just look at Oklahoma. Texas has a water shortage in many place but instead of Oklahoma sharing its extra water, it goes into Lake Texoma and on down to the gulf of Mexico.

So instead of having this water available, Texas has to build reservoirs just a few miles south of Texoma and use imminent domain to take land from its citizens.

Well, Oklahoma planed for their long term water needs and Texas decided that since they didn't, they were just going to take OK's in court. Texas should have made long term plans 50-75 years ago like others did. I am an Okie and it was a cheap move by TX. (my opinion)

Well, Oklahoma planed for their long term water needs and Texas decided that since they didn't, they were just going to take OK's in court. Texas should have made long term plans 50-75 years ago like others did. I am an Okie and it was a cheap move by TX. (my opinion)
50-75 years ago is now. Water still short and being wasted. This is going to be a big problem and government cannot make more water that is not expensive. We lost the family farm when Lake Fork was built. When the lake is pulled done by Dallas the bass fisherman have a mental breakdown as does all of the lakeside dwellers.

Been watching a youtube channel called Sin city outdoors. It's a father and son team documenting the water levels at lake Mead. Pretty good watchin if you have time.

Latest posts