Lake Mead

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Just reading about the level of Lake Mead. Drought and increased water usage is keeping the water level at historical lows. What will happen with Las Vegas if it gets to a point that water can not be pumped. Probable a worse case scenario than what the Covid crisis caused. Also what about electric power that is generated at the dam. Could be quite a problem in the near future.

Just reading about the level of Lake Mead. Drought and increased water usage is keeping the water level at historical lows. What will happen with Las Vegas if it gets to a point that water can not be pumped. Probable a worse case scenario than what the Covid crisis caused. Also what about electric power that is generated at the dam. Could be quite a problem in the near future.
"What will happen with Las Vegas,,,,,, (''frankly Scarlett'')

Just reading about the level of Lake Mead. Drought and increased water usage is keeping the water level at historical lows. What will happen with Las Vegas if it gets to a point that water cannot be pumped.
Bill is building his first small new design nuke power plant. Till it is proven, they will have to use more beer in Vegus.

They will continue to take more then their fair share from upstream from those who actually have conserved water.
This has already been announced.
The first step is to move an additional 500,000 acre feet of water from Flaming Gorge on the Utah Wyoming border. Additional releases from Colorado may be coming as well.

All this discussion now about "green" and saving the world from ourselves. What the heck were/are people thinking when they build these huge cities in the desert. To live in harmony with nature requires a little more thought and planning than just getting an electric car.
All those big resorts in Phoenix have water features - fountains spraying water in the air and evaporating their supply. At least the last time I visited years ago. Someone remarked that water is power there and the rich flaunt their power by wasting water.

I've got a brother that lives in Henderson and just retired after working for Boulder City. He just bought a lot to build a house in rural Montana. He'll probably live in Henderson until the SHTF and then move north.

He was telling me how many times they've had to move the marina. And Lake Powell is just as bad. I think there is only one functioning boat ramp.

A private company will run a water line to them and save the day just like they did for the I-35 corridor in Texas.
Please tell me more about this. A private company paid to build a public roadway?

I suspect that some people do not reconize the importance of water and the need for it. We good chance take it for granted.

Fake news. There's plenty of water in there. This is just government's attempt to get us to pay more for water. I have a friend who drove by there and said "I've never seen so much water". You guys believe everything you see in the media?

Fake news. There's plenty of water in there. This is just government's attempt to get us to pay more for water. I have a friend who drove by there and said "I've never seen so much water". You guys believe everything you see in the media?

I dearly hope this is tongue-in-cheek...

There have been many many cases of water shortages. The typical way this has been resolved in the past is surface water delivery is cut, and/or water rights are bought out, from ag irrigators. Makes cents since there are not very many farming voters nor vegie lovers.

This is one reason Bill has bought a lot of his farmland in the SE. Bill may be a bad boy but he still does his homework. He will still be able to grow a crop there after the SW is not able to drill for enough water.

Last edited:
Atlanta is getting close to the same shape. They use way more water than they have available. They have even sued to try and divert some from the Tennessee River. That was a non-starter for Tennessee.

Latest posts