Ladywells Galloway Herd Dispersal

Help Support CattleToday:

gallowaygirl

Reaction score
This sale runs January 31st, 2009 online via TEAM Auction Sales (teamauctionsales.com) Anyways, I was hoping some people might want to give me a couple thoughts on the White females they have (not the commercial ones though) Any advice would be great since I won't really have a chance to look at them in person unless something drastic changes. Here is the link to the female page: http://ladywells.ca/Pages/White_Cows.html
Thanks in advance! (Criticism is also welcome, as there are a few I am not sure about, but I won't say which as of yet ;-) )

P.S: We are looking at the 2003-2007 range, but 2002 might be OK as well.

This sale is getting closer to its run date. Starts Monday at 13:00 MST. Is anybody else thinking about any of the animals for sale?

Did you get any bought? The whites sure sold well compared to the others. I had a friend who bought some of the blacks but was hoping to buy whites and didn't buy too many. He was looking at them more for a commercial herd so didn't want to pay the higher prices.

Sorry I didn't see this before. Yes, we got four-two '08 heifer calves and two older cows (an '02 and an '06) We felt that we got fair prices on all of them, and they did seem to sell well, we didn't get the ones we really wanted, but the ones we did win I feel confident about. We are still working on getting the vet work done to get them here, and that seems to be taking longer than I expected (apparently things are kind of particular when you're crossing international borders with cattle :roll: ) But we are anxiously awaiting the okay to have them hauled!

Pricewise it seemed that the prices went much higher the longer the sale went on-the registered whites went for about the same price as the commercial whites. I was pleased that the highest selling bull was a White and that he was my favorite of all the bulls(even though I wasn't in the market for a bull, he was still my pick :banana: )

Latest posts