Lady Sooners

Help Support CattleToday:

f1tiger

Reaction score
Congrats to the girls: back to back national championships: National Champs 3 out of the last 5 years ( oh FYI they beat Tenn, Auburn,Florida if you are keeping score ...... lol

I clicked on game 1 the other night, just so the boys and I could watch a ball game. It was one of the best games I ever watched. I stayed up until the Gators tied it up with 2 outs and two strikes, for the second time, at the bottom of the 12th. Not sure why, but I was hoping the Gators could pull it off last night, if for no other reason than to have a game 3.

Just curious, because I've never watched softball before. Why were both games played at Oklahoma?

Some out of this world softball in both of the games. First time I think I've ever seen to pitchers throwing 75 mph consistently. Both are champs but the Sooners get the ring....good job !!!!

Speaking of Sooners, Bob Stoops announced his retirement today after 18 seasons. Offensive Coordinator Lincoln Riley will take over head coaching job.
Stoops had a good run.
Stoops, who turns 57 on Sept. 9, is the winningest coach in OU history with a 190-48 record. He has gone 121-29 in Big 12 play and has taken the Sooners to bowl games in every one of his 18 seasons -- going 9-9, capped with last year's 35-19 victory over Auburn.

Women's CWS is always played in Oklahoma City as the Men's CWS is always in Omaha Nebraska. Women are locked in to 2020 with possibility to 2036 : Sooner Ladies have only one senior so the should make some noise next year .( If you ever get to the City stop and visit the memorial to the victims of that horrible day ......) Now that Bob has retired the sun may shine on BEBO

It would seem like having it at your "home" field every year would be considered an unfair advantage? Maybe not, I know its not their actual field. They sure have the crowd behind them. It was a great couple games

f1tiger":14g79e09 said:
Women's CWS is always played in Oklahoma City as the Men's CWS is always in Omaha Nebraska. Women are locked in to 2020 with possibility to 2036 : Sooner Ladies have only one senior so the should make some noise next year .( If you ever get to the City stop and visit the memorial to the victims of that horrible day ......) Now that Bob has retired the sun may shine on BEBO
BEBO????

f1tiger":h9rug0v3 said:
Congrats to the girls: back to back national championships: National Champs 3 out of the last 5 years ( oh FYI they beat Tenn, Auburn,Florida if you are keeping score ...... lol

And My Ducks!

f1tiger":3m6x4lc2 said:
And we're talking girls softball too.

wacocowboy":30t91cme said:
TexasBred":30t91cme said:
wacocowboy":30t91cme said:
Proud of them girls.

Going to miss Bob.
He definitely is a winner. My mom was in love with him. :nod: :nod:

Aren't you an Aggie fan? Your mom is an OU fan? Interesting :lol2:
I'm an Aggie....but my mom loved Bob Stoops. She thought he hung the moon. :lol2:

TexasBred":r6zb9hdj said:
wacocowboy":r6zb9hdj said:
TexasBred":r6zb9hdj said:
He definitely is a winner. My mom was in love with him. :nod: :nod:

I'm an Aggie....but my mom loved Bob Stoops. She thought he hung the moon. :lol2:
I bet that made for some interesting Saturdays.

wacocowboy":213t8a8k said:
TexasBred":213t8a8k said:
wacocowboy":213t8a8k said:
OU was my second choice for schools so not really a problem.

TexasBred":2pl73dei said:
wacocowboy":2pl73dei said:
TexasBred":2pl73dei said:

Cool. If several of my teammates hadn't gone and won a national championship at OU I would probably be a bigger A&M fan.

wacocowboy":i8453by7 said:
TexasBred":i8453by7 said:
wacocowboy":i8453by7 said:

Cool. If several of my teammates hadn't gone and won a national championship at OU I would probably be a bigger A&M fan.
Understand completely. I still pull for the Sooners every week especially TeaSip/OU weekend.

TexasBred":c2i9lsas said:
wacocowboy":c2i9lsas said:
TexasBred":c2i9lsas said:

Understand completely. I still pull for the Sooners every week especially TeaSip/OU weekend.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"..

TexasBred":n5kbmzj1 said:
wacocowboy":n5kbmzj1 said:
TexasBred":n5kbmzj1 said:

Yeah and Bob was good at beating those steers.

wacocowboy":3e591z5r said:
TexasBred":3e591z5r said:
wacocowboy":3e591z5r said:

Yeah and Bob was good at beating those steers.
Yeah he cost them several coaches over the years. :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts