Lady on a rant

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I heard this morning on the radio show I listen to, how this lady, made a You tube video of herself in a full rage against her Bank and the charge card she has thru them, how they raised her rate that was 13% to a whopping 30% for no good reason other than they could. I was looking for it on youtube but can't find it, has anyone heard about it? Good news is that her ranting got her a call from her Bank and they lowered her rate, so I guess it does pay to complain once in awhile.

GMN

I saw it. What a crummy video, wish I had those couple of minutes back that I wasted watching it. I linked to it from MSN sometime last week I think. Don't waste any more time looking for it is my advice.

Well I thought she kept her cool. Thing is when they raise the finance charges legally they have to give you the option to opt out of them, which is easy to do, and in her case would have been worth it. You can't use the card anymore but if Bank of America is really this bad why would you want to do business with people like that anyways?

The charge card situation is only going to get worse, I'm in the frame of mind now that i won't use them anymore unless its a dire emergency, and have only one to pay off. In my opinion the worst company out there is Citibank, they did this exact same thing to me last November, for no good reason my rate was to go from 6.74% to 17%, and that was not acceptable so I opted out, and legally they can not raise the rate-ever. I did not want to use the card ever again, so it all worked out for me.

GMN

There's far too much harping on Bank of America out there. There never needed a bailout until they were basically forced to purchase whatever the name of the company was, and information was with held from them. I have a relative that works there and I can tell you that their banking centers (at least outside the cities) are full of people just like you and me. I'm not saying there are a great company by any stretch of the imagination, but the workers are just trying to make it to payday like everyone else. Plus, there are just as many other banks that are doing things that people don't like. They're just not as big so they don't get the face time.

The main reason they are raising the rates on the cards is because they want people to not like the extra charge and start paying them off. There are so many people who leave a balance on them every month. They either have to make more interest off the balance that's left on there or have the balances paid off. All the banks are struggling and can't extend themselves as much as they used to. Doesn't matter whether it's a local county bank or a national brand.

brandonm_13":rvr2nze5 said:
There's far too much harping on Bank of America out there. There never needed a bailout until they were basically forced to purchase whatever the name of the company was, and information was with held from them. I have a relative that works there and I can tell you that their banking centers (at least outside the cities) are full of people just like you and me. I'm not saying there are a great company by any stretch of the imagination, but the workers are just trying to make it to payday like everyone else. Plus, there are just as many other banks that are doing things that people don't like. They're just not as big so they don't get the face time.

The main reason they are raising the rates on the cards is because they want people to not like the extra charge and start paying them off. There are so many people who leave a balance on them every month. They either have to make more interest off the balance that's left on there or have the balances paid off. All the banks are struggling and can't extend themselves as much as they used to. Doesn't matter whether it's a local county bank or a national brand.

They are raising the rates because they can, before the new laws go into effect where these kind of practices won't be allowed anymore. The govt wants to move that date up from Feb to December of this year, so they are scrambling to make as much off of people now as they can, its all about greed plain and simple. I can see them raising rates on people who have missed payments but this is happening to people who have no late payments, with their accounts in excellent standing. This is the second wave of them doing it, first wave was about this time last year.

GMN

brandonm_13":1l6fap5o said:

I thought they did ot want people to pay them off, but to keep borowing and paying the interest.
Got to agree with GMN on this one. If I'm wrong, set me straight.

Latest posts