lady bugs

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
It is primitive deer season here in Okla. and today it got up in the 80's. I have hunted for many years and never seen it like it was today there were THOUSANDS of lady bugs. They were every place almost made me call it a day around 3:00 and I am not easy to run out of the deer stand. Looked like bees swarming. Deer are not rutting at my place and this heat with the lady bugs will almost drive a man insane. :bang: :bang:

They are not Lady Bugs. They are Asian Lady Beetles an invasive species that some hippie in the U.S. department
of Agriculture thought would be a good idea to introduce for biological control of pecan aphids.
Ironically these chinese communist little buggers are not red with 19 spots like a lady bug, but a yellowish orange
with fewer spots. Like all commies, they are a troublesome pain.

Son of Butch":zybo8jae said:
They are not Lady Bugs. They are Asian Lady Beetles an invasive species that some hippie in the U.S. department
of Agriculture thought would be a good idea to introduce for biological control of pecan aphids.
Ironically these chinese communist little buggers are not red with 19 spots like a lady bug, but a yellowish orange
That is correct, but it's easier to just lump them together with what they resemble. They also range in color, we have some that are dark red but some that are actually orange too. I don;t know if they are as dark as real ladybugs since I haven;t seen one that I know of in years.

like dun said these range in color and by end of day they were '' devil bugs'' in my mind. I hope they do good for what ever they were brought here for cause I hate them. I guess our Government can spend some more tax dollars now and bring in some other something to control them now.

Last summer we had a plague of the orange biting lady bugs.
They got into everything.

They arrived here yesterday as well. Near 80 here also. As far as I know our house was shut up yet there was still probably 15 on the ceiling last night.

My husband opened a window one fall, a day where it got really warm. I was not home, so, he opened a window that had no screen, one we never open so not sure why he chose that other than its what men do when the wife is not home. Our house got full of those devils.. And, they all went up into the dormer windows in our vaulted ceiling room....ugh..I had to put the extenders on my vacuum to reach them....Just sucked them all up..

dun":2erg2ror said:
Son of Butch":2erg2ror said:
That is correct, but it's easier to just lump them together with what they resemble. They also range in color, we have some that are dark red but some that are actually orange too. I don;t know if they are as dark as real ladybugs since I haven;t seen one that I know of in years.

Someone gonna ban you from the internet for such a biased/bigoted opinion and lumping all those beetle species together so callously. ;-) ;-) :lol:
And what's up with 'ladybug' anyway?
They ain't all female.....

I've been keeping the grandkids today and just went out for the first time today....They are EVERYWHERE.....even on the roads, flying all around....ugh

its in the low 50's today, so here they are not out, maybe they will leave Okla. and go to Texas and stay in Texas.

Son of Butch":1wj4hyoi said:
Seems like they stay the winter here in Minnesnowta in buildings and or getting under the siding of buildings.
That's what they do. On a particularly warm day during the winter they will crawl out then disappear as soon as it starts getting cold again.

Latest posts