Lacrosse vs. Northerner

Help Support CattleToday:

HatCreekFan

Reaction score
Speaking of boots, which brand is better? Lacrosse or Northerner? I hold that my Lacrosse are better than The Spouse's Northerners, but he is a die-hard Northerner fan. Any input?

I wore Notherners for years, but it seems like they cheapened them up some years ago. I couldn't get the miles out of the last couple pairs before they would leak. I switched to Lacrosse and they seem to last a little longer. I think they are warmer too.

Lacrosse--rubber boots
Justin or red wing---- Leather boot(work)
Dan Post---cowboy boot
St. Johns Bay (Sunday shoe)

Both brands are junk anymore. I rarely get 2 seasons out of a pair. I have a pair of Northerners that I got 25 years ago that are still good except for a cut about 6 inches from the bottom that I caused when they were still pretty new.

Muck brand boots don't last much longer, but are 15 to 20 dollars cheaper. Ticks me off that these companies make stuff cheap instead of just charging what they need to.

Dad always wore northerner boots therefore so did we, but after getting out of the house I bought lacrosse boots and my feet stay warmer in them. I heard that lacrosse is sold or something and wont be making them anymore, anyone else heard that? JHH

Man you REB's are never gonna let it go! :p (YANKS, CHINESE, whats the difference. :lol:
I heard that lacrosse is sold or something and wont be making them anymore,
SAY IT AIN"T SO JHH!!!

holly heifer":h6uug37b said:
:lol: Muck boots- black- about $60.00-- last forever-
warm- good arch support- :heart:

Hope we dont get into a bidding war here but I just got my lacrosse for 54.00 and they do keep my feet warm :D
JHH

I alternate between Lacrosse and Xtra Tuf. The Lacrosse fits better but the Xtra Tuff last longer. If you go to Alaska and check out the fishermen who live in rubber boots, you will find Xtra Tuf to be the brand of choice.
Dave

I haven't tried the Muck boots yet...I will keep them in mind when my Lacrosse lay down on me. I think mine are warmer than his - maybe I'm just too stubborn!!

Now, if only I could have found some a half a size smaller...finding a seven in a men's...kind of tough.

Guess we're lucky up here, we have two custom boot makers in town; Nick's and White's. Both really expensive (3-4 hundred a pair) but the last pair that you will buy and are custom made to your feet. DMc

flaboy+":2a0p0xm9 said:
I wouldn't buy any thing with "Northerner" in it. :shock:

I have not been able to read the boards in quite a few days, and today I've been working my way through. I am from the North whether I'm considered a "northerner" or a "mid-westerner" ... I don't really care. But it seems pretty clear on occassion that these boards should be reserved for "Southerners" only. Maybe I'm cranky today, it just seems like I've come across way too many threads today with comments such as these....... :(

I don't buy drugs, but I prefer Columbia boots for winter....I don't go hunting for Cardinals but I prefer Red Wing Boots for the rest of the year.

David Mc,
Here we are discussing $50 rubber boots and I throw in Nick's and White's. That is like comparing a F350 to a VW bug. They aren't even in the same game.
IMHO the only thing that might (I did say might) beat a pair of White's is Kulien's. I bought a pair of them in 1979. They were $375 back then but what a pair of boots. Nothing beats custom handmade boots.
Dave

Not much that I can think of.
Come on Flaboy , Rounder eyes maybe! :shock:

I am from the North whether I'm considered a "northerner" or a "mid-westerner"
Mitch,neither were Yanks!
This is one yank who likes rebs, mostly them wild eyed southern girls :D

mitchwi":1x89u3h7 said:
I have not been able to read the boards in quite a few days, and today I've been working my way through. I am from the North whether I'm considered a "northerner" or a "mid-westerner" ... I don't really care. But it seems pretty clear on occassion that these boards should be reserved for "Southerners" only. Maybe I'm cranky today, it just seems like I've come across way too many threads today with comments such as these....... :(

Ah come on Mitch we are just pulling your chain. Don't take it personal. In reality I judge a man by his actions and not his origin.

Down hear we have been called white trash, rednecks, illiterate, back woods, country bumpkin, hillbillies, Southerners, Rebs, and many other things. Some may be true but I don't worry about names much. If you look around on here you will soon come to learn what we mean when we talk about Yank's. Quite frankly I don't think any Yank's will be on this board. :lol:

Ah come on Mitch we are just pulling your chain. Don't take it personal. In reality I judge a man by his actions and not his origin.

Down hear we have been called white trash, rednecks, illiterate, back woods, country bumpkin, hillbillies, Southerners, Rebs, and many other things. Some may be true but I don't worry about names much. If you look around on here you will soon come to learn what we mean when we talk about Yank's. Quite frankly I don't think any Yank's will be on this board. :lol:[/quote]

Like I said, I think I must of been kinda cranky yesterday.... but I do appreciate your clarification! By the way, when you say "judge a man" I hope I can interpret that as ... man or woman... :)

Latest posts