LaCrosse,Bogs or Muck for winter wet boot

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
I've worn Northerner by Servus 3 eyelet insulated in cold and snow for years.Mine are getting to the point they are about worn out.Can't get them anymore.
I know it isn't winter but it can show up before I'm ready.
I've been looking at LaCrosse Burly in foam insulated both 12" and 18".Also Bogs Rancher and Muck Arctic sport.
We rarely get deep snows here although we are about due for one this year and,with rain bibs,a shorter boot works.I do have trouble with my pants legs getting real damp inside even the uninsulated in warmer weather.

My question revolves around several main things:
I have wide feet so the bottom material must be flexible for "whole" sizes to not cramp the foot.Can't have boot that is like apiece of CPVC pipe.
I usually wear bibs over my clothing and ,sometimes,insulated bibs so the tops need to accommodate tucking pants legs in.
I also like a good grip with a heel which will dig in coming downhill.

As always,price is a consideration,too.

Any experiences you'd like to share would be welcome.Thanks.

I wore XtraTuf for years over on the coast. I still have a pair that get worn some during the winter. They are getting old so I am considering Mucks or Bogs this winter. The XtraTuf aren't insulated. They are great in wet conditions. Not so much for real cold weather which we have the potential for here.

From the Muck boot founder

https://dryshodusa.com/

I ave had a pair for two years. Been great so far but I'm sure I don't wear them as often as some and ny feet are not wide.

I used to use a kind from LaCrosse but then got where I couldn't find them. I've been using Muck boots and like them pretty well but mine usually end up with a leak at about a season and a half's usage. They are expensive but they work good till they don't.

I wore Mucks for years, until they raised prices beyond what I felt they were worth. Have been wearing Bogs for a few years, they're okay but not the same as Mucks. Bought my 11 year old a pair of Tidewes almost a year ago, and have been so impressed I just bought myself a pair. They appear to be made just as good as Mucks, and the insulated pair cost less than $100. Lets see if this link works.

TideWe Hunting Boot for Men, Insulated Waterproof Durable 16" Men's Hunting Boot, 6mm Neoprene and Rubber Outdoor Boot Realtree Edge Camo(400Gram & Standard) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1H34QC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YkUuFb67YR8YM

Many people I know swear by the Quatro boots. I wear Muck boots and have been happy with them in cold weather.

I have a pair of La cross, and really liked them, untill I welded in them, lol. Have a pair of mucks now, but only have worn them a few times.

I used to were the Servus. Then 2 pairs of Muck, both pair started to leak first season. Bought a pair of Quatro's two years ago. Quatro's are comfortable (I do have a wide foot), good traction, and have held up great. I don't know that insulated bibs would tuck in, but I don't think they would on the Muck's either. The bad thing about them (or good if you are in deep mud) is they are difficult to get off. If you get them you will need a boot jack.

Gave up on mucks several years ago. The 3 eye lacrosse what i been wearing in winter. Just a little shorter than mucks like that too.

I only wear servus or tingley 6-8 months out of the year, and the only pair of mucks I had, fell apart in the first month. That's my thoughts on boots.

I don't have wide feet, but Mucks have been the most comfortable for me. Bought a taller pair of Mucks couple years back and couldn't stand the comfort difference. Bought a pair of Bogs - comfortable, but did spring a leak the first year. Bought a pair of Dryshods late last Winter based on recommendation from this site. They didn't have my size in whatever I initially ordered. Called back same day to offer my size in a more expensive boot for same price. Boots are a little heavier than Mucks, a touch wider and appear to be well made. We'll get back to their real test in a few months.

I had a pair of Mucks and the sole fell off of one in about 3 months. Switched to Lacrosse and they have been fantastic. I really like the adjustable top part around your calf too. I've worn the Lacrosse boots almost daily over the past 4 or 5 years and they're still hanging tough. No experience with Bogs

I had 3 pair of arctic sport mucks. Love the fit but they started leaking after about 4 months. All at the same spot, where the boot bends behind the toes. 2 pair of bogs, they were a little stiffer boot. I got about 9 months out of each pair. They both leaked right about the ankle along the bottom of the reinforcment strip. I put a lot of steps in these boots but they are not abused.