Labor

Help Support CattleToday:

9:15 Success!!! Beautiful calf, Mom is giving it first bath...calf trying to get up....Life is good.
What a good Good Friday!!! Don't know what kind of plumbing baby has yet.....will let you know.

CKC1586":150z8zv5 said:
9:15 Success!!! Beautiful calf, Mom is giving it first bath...calf trying to get up....Life is good.
What a good Good Friday!!! Don't know what kind of plumbing baby has yet.....will let you know.

Easy there. I've learned down thru the yrs. to not get too high on the good days nor too low on the bad. Murphy is still on the job. ;-)

Cowdirt":hnj4od1i said:
CKC1586":hnj4od1i said:

Easy there. I've learned down thru the yrs. to not get too high on the good days nor too low on the bad. Murphy is still on the job. ;-)
Oh I hear you! Murphy hit me hard last year.

CKC1586":2by99dr4 said:

Congrats.. Hopefully it has the plumbing you wish for either way.. :tiphat: Post pic's of new baby too CKC..

Well got in there and gave her the BoSe and dipped her naval...Yup its a girl!!! I was in a rush and forgot to get my weigh tape, will try for that tomorrow but I would guess about 85. Nursing great, poopin out the black gunk and the tail works great while nursing. I love to see those little flags wavin when they nurse!
Okay tried to save the pictures from my phone to get them to post, havin trouble. Will try to download from my camera. I'll be back later..... Was a good day.

Good grief, been strugglin with the whole picture thing :mad: :? :cry2: :roll:
DSCF0025-1.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0031-1.jpg

There are more pictures on ranchers.net but I couldn't get those to copy the image, so I went to photobucket and that has really changed and all I managed was these....

Thats not what I was expecting, the calf looks "normal." She is cute though. When does the double muscling normally start to show?

A heifer calf, that's great news.... :clap:

I like the mom, I think I remember her from your Xmas pic. if I am correct.

hillsdown":3hn4vngb said:
A heifer calf, that's great news.... :clap:

I like the mom, I think I remember her from your Xmas pic. if I am correct.
007_7.jpg

Yup, she is the second from the left. The calf in this picture is the heifer that had twins last year. That is her Mom on the far right (she is the face in my avatar, sold her in 2005 :cry2: ) So I have three sisters!Well actually Jalo is my daughter's cow.

Congrats!
I have had three pied cross calves, or possibly four, because the newest one is still wet so I cant decide by which bull.
It is my first year with pied, but I am so happy. The first heifer calf is now three weeks and puts on incredible muscle as her mother is a thick fifth calver that to say the least gives ample milk as she is a swedish red. So far twelwe calves, most from the brindle heifer bull. I think that most cows will calve in may by the cleanup bull ( blonde daquitaine) because pied bull hurt his feet really bad in the start of breeding season last year. He will have a new shot at it this year in june.

ANAZAZI":t6tub2yl said:
Congrats!
I have had three pied cross calves, or possibly four, because the newest one is still wet so I cant decide by which bull.
It is my first year with pied, but I am so happy. The first heifer calf is now three weeks and puts on incredible muscle as her mother is a thick fifth calver that to say the least gives ample milk as she is a swedish red. So far twelwe calves, most from the brindle heifer bull. I think that most cows will calve in may by the cleanup bull ( blonde daquitaine) because pied bull hurt his feet really bad in the start of breeding season last year. He will have a new shot at it this year in june.
So glad you are happy with your Pieds. Isn't it crazy how red they are when they are born, but once dry are that beautiful fawn color. This little girl had alot of gunk on her and it took Mom a few baths to get her all cleaned up. How did your bull hurt his feet?

[quote) How did your bull hurt his feet?[/quote]

He was not prepared to be a herd sire and was just fed out to be slaughtered. He was kept on a thick bed of straw,where they put more straw on top of the manure all winter. Thus the bulls toenails were too long and his feet were accustomed to soft floor and he was not handled at all so trimming was no option until he was tamer. I let him out with the cows on our softest pasture; everything was fine except the grass lasted one week there, when I shifted them the ground was to hard with dried in cattle tracks from last fall.
So my bull stopped mounting and started laying down. I gave him two months and then let my Blonde bull out to clean up the mess.

Latest posts