Labor Day

Help Support CattleToday:

What holiday, nobody invited us to a picnic and nobody will come to the sticks for a picnic so I guess it's just like every other holiday Wife, kids, cows and a goat, Maybe a few four wheeler rides.

Going to look at a horse tomorrow, getting back into them after a long time with none. My last old appaloosa cowpony died of old age and I am going to look at one that my son and I can both ride. Been looking for the right one for two years. Drove across Illinois to look at one 2 christmases ago, a kid broke well trained paint horse the guy said. She very unprofessionally bucked when I was on her and when my buddy tried her she reared and tried to go over backwards. :D Hope the one tomorrow is a little better. :) Wish me luck.

Hope you all have a safe and fun holiday weekend. :D

KMacGinley":13245edf said:
Going to look at a horse tomorrow, getting back into them after a long time with none. Wish me luck.

Hope you all have a safe and fun holiday weekend. :D

Here's hoping this one is what you're looking for. Good luck! Thanks, you too! :)

Bullbuyer":1bybtsfo said:
I have one request for everyone here in the ol' coffee shop:
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend with your family and friends.

Thanks. Same to you. Having a big family get together with 4 generations represented.

Thanks, and same to you all!

Going to look at a horse tomorrow, getting back into them after a long time with none.

Seven years ago this Labor Day I bought a 5 month old Appy filly. One decision I've never regretted. :) She's a keeper. Hope this horse is the one for you!!

my family has managed to avoid tragedy (so far) this holiday weekend, but our little emergency room has been hopping!! nothing serious....fish hooks, broken arms, dislocated patella, strep throat, otitis media, and a dandy case of "high altitude sickness"!! so far, so good!! ;-)

Update: Bought the mare, kinda scared though, best trained horse I've ever had. Don't know what to do. Not used to one that that actually knows what it is doing. Thanks guys for the well wishes. :)

Congrats on your purchase, it's always exciting to get a new one. Hope you'll share details and pictures, please?

Latest posts