Labels ...truth?

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin

Reaction score
All Natural ...yeah right. I read somewhere it simply means no antibiotics and no hormone implants. I'm afraid most comsumers assume this also means the animal is not fed anything other than pesticide/chemical free grain/grass as well? I would.
How many of you read the labels on your shampoo? laundry detergent? bath soap? cleaning liquids? Almost silly to worry about the "food" when we surround ourselves with deadly chemicals daily.
Valerie

vclavin":3lrdvd3z said:
All Natural ...yeah right. I read somewhere it simply means no antibiotics and no hormone implants. I'm afraid most comsumers assume this also means the animal is not fed anything other than pesticide/chemical free grain/grass as well? I would.
How many of you read the labels on your shampoo? laundry detergent? bath soap? cleaning liquids? Almost silly to worry about the "food" when we surround ourselves with deadly chemicals daily.
Valerie
You read wrong if you are talking about a meat label. It simply means: a product containing no artificial ingredient or added color and is only minimally processed (a process which does not fundamentally alter the raw product) may be labeled natural. The label must explain the use of the term natural (such as - no added colorings or artificial ingredients; minimally processed.)

It has NOTHING to do with how or what the animal is fed

vclavin":1f2c11tb said:
How many of you read the labels on your shampoo?

"New and Improved" on the cover. Doesn't that sound sort of like some folks in the beef industry?

You read the labels on the foods you eat and that is great. What about the lunches or restaurant food you buy or what they feed the kids at school or day care?

What bothers me more than anything is the trash, refuse, and all the packaging. Especailly when irresponsible folks toss it out the window and it lands in my pastures. My household alone generates way too many bags of garbage and we make a conscious effort. This is a throw away society. The river floods up and those prime bottom land patures look like a garbage dump. Bottle water bottles everywhere too. "Natural Spring Water".

vclavin":39rnz0aw said:
dun":39rnz0aw said:
If something is new how can it be improved?
Take out the "chemicals" that would be new - lol
Valerie
That would be improved. New would be that it didn;t exist before

dun":2kuis8xw said:
vclavin":2kuis8xw said:
dun":2kuis8xw said:
If something is new how can it be improved?
Take out the "chemicals" that would be new - lol
Valerie
That would be improved. New would be that it didn;t exist before
It's been so long - stone age - since we've had chemical free food, etc that I figured it was now
"new" at least to this generation! lol
Valerie