La4angus calf pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Muldoon snapped these pictures of a couple of La's calves this past weekend. La seems to be computer illiterate and couldn't manage to post the pics by himself. :roll: Take a look at the calves.

DSCF0051firstedition.jpg
[/img]

DSCF0061firstedition.jpg
[/img]

Just some lil ol inferior calves born 8-17-2004. Pics took by Muldoon on 9-19-2004
78 lb. birth wt. Hoff First Edition 058 242 son.

la4angus":7beuxwfg said:
Just some lil ol inferior calves born 8-17-2004. Pics took by Muldoon on 9-19-2004
78 lb. birth wt. Hoff First Edition 058 242 son.

Good looking calf. Nice small teets on the cow.
;-)

Tod

I have the problem of the cattle looking horrible in pictures and great in person. I'd say Lloyd's cows and calves look pretty dang good.

Good looking Angus.. never thought I'd hear myself say that!

It looks pretty dry down there LA.. haven't you had a lot of rain?

Nice green grass and little calves - I don't see that hardly. That baby has it made. Around here it's more like 3 foot of snow and a black spot at that calves age.

dcara":3kgppt6k said:
LA - Is that a pure angus cow or is there some Gelbveigh (sp?) in there?
Yes she is purebred Angus. There is no Gelbveih in her bloodlines. She is a
cow that was purchased as a FFA heifer project for my nephew in 1999 and was about 6 mo. old at the time. The calf is a son of Hoff First Edition 058 242,
a bull that I bought an interest in, in the spring of 2003.

First Edition has a BW of 84lb, 205 day adj. WW of 868 lb, and 365 day adj. Yrlg. wt of 1534lb.

He has been in stud at Bennett, Co. since the day after I bought him. I had him weighed and measured on 7-1-04 and he weighed right at 2500lb, with a hip height of 61 1/2 in and a 41.5 cm Scrotal circumference.

la4angus":3melux7j said:
dcara":3melux7j said:
LA - Is that a pure angus cow or is there some Gelbveigh (sp?) in there?
Yes she is purebred Angus. There is no Gelbveih in her bloodlines. She is a
cow that was purchased as a FFA heifer project for my nephew in 1999 and was about 6 mo. old at the time. The calf is a son of Hoff First Edition 058 242,
a bull that I bought an interest in, in the spring of 2003.

First Edition has a BW of 84lb, 205 day adj. WW of 868 lb, and 365 day adj. Yrlg. wt of 1534lb.

He has been in stud at Bennett, Co. since the day after I bought him. I had him weighed and measured on 7-1-04 and he weighed right at 2500lb, with a hip height of 61 1/2 in and a 41.5 cm Scrotal circumference.
He's a biggin'. Pounds pay.

Hoff First Edition 058 242 had a 365 day REA epd of +.17 and an actual of about 15sq"
I am expecting fresh data back right quick from his first calves weaning wts.

about two days after I got an idea of what it was, I was so tired when I saw it that I didn't know what the heck it was... all I could see was a pink blob lol

TheBullLady":t816hlsz said:
Good looking Angus.. never thought I'd hear myself say that!

It looks pretty dry down there LA.. haven't you had a lot of rain?

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes it was pretty dry when the pics were taken.

After all the rain that we had during May and June, we have had less than a 1/4"of rain since July 2, until Sept. 19, the day the pics were taken.

Latest posts