LA-200 long term storage

Help Support CattleToday:

birdog

Reaction score
I bought a couple of 500ml bottles of LA-200 last year. Only needed one. The unopened bottle expires in September 2023. Not much chance I'll need it before it expires. Will it still be good past the expiration date if stored correctly? I hate to throw a $100 bottle away.

Click on the link and read the whole thread. It's one page.

Click on the link and read the whole thread. It's one page.
Thanks

In our situation we have to record the treatment which includes batch numbers and expiry date. We have a pretty reasonable chance of being audited so if you are caught falsifying things like batch numbers and exp dates you can be in the $hit which can result in our LPA acreditation being withdrawn which means most commercial avenues to sell cattle are not available. Just for your information, obviously doesn't apply to you folk but it is worth keeping in mind as things tighten up with your availability of drugs.

Ken

I had a bottle of castor oil.. expired in 1982.. used it on a calf a couple years ago that had clostridial bloat and it worked

I still have this bottle too, always kept in the fridge
If the vet associations and regulators didn't make it such an expense and PITA to get medication perhaps a guy wouldn't hold on to stuff for so long..
1675590665547.png

I really don't think antibiotics lose their effectiveness over time with reasonable storage.. Vaccines, Yeah, they would be something i definitely want fresh!

Latest posts