LA 200 for bred cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

CWT Angus

Reaction score
Hey all..
Is LA 200 safe for bred cows/heifers? If yes, does it matter how far along they are?

CWT Angus":uvcfk8au said:
Hey all..
Is LA 200 safe for bred cows/heifers? If yes, does it matter how far along they are?

LA200 is an antibiotic, I can't imagine why it would not be safe for bred cows/heifers. Just out if idle curiosity, what are you fighting with it?

Thanks for the info, I thought it was ok, but couldn't remember for sure.
We're not fighting anything yet- and it may not turn into anything. But I wanted to be prepared. I've got a registered Angus heifer that's really heavy bred, yesterday she came off the hill shaking a back leg when she would stop walking- (like when they get something stuck in their foot).
I ran her in today & hosed it off to get a better look & found she has sliced her hoof in the back on the bottom of her heel. Not big, maybe 1/2" or a hair more. Looks clean & will probably be fine, she was laying around a bit today, but like I said she's real heavy bred & pretty uncomfortable so that could be why also. Doesn't seem to be lame on it, but it's hard to tell as it's a bit slippery out there. I just wanted to be prepared.

Thanks Jeanne, That makes sense, I didn't even think of it. I'll do that this morning.

CWT Angus":16vs3i4f said:
Thanks for the info, I thought it was ok, but couldn't remember for sure.
We're not fighting anything yet- and it may not turn into anything. But I wanted to be prepared. I've got a registered Angus heifer that's really heavy bred, yesterday she came off the hill shaking a back leg when she would stop walking- (like when they get something stuck in their foot).
I ran her in today & hosed it off to get a better look & found she has sliced her hoof in the back on the bottom of her heel. Not big, maybe 1/2" or a hair more. Looks clean & will probably be fine, she was laying around a bit today, but like I said she's real heavy bred & pretty uncomfortable so that could be why also. Doesn't seem to be lame on it, but it's hard to tell as it's a bit slippery out there. I just wanted to be prepared.
to find the side effects and safe uses of la200 go to pfizer.com then click on animal health and list la200.also keeping that hoof sprayed is the best thing you can do.sounds like youre on top of it though.i had a young bull a couple weeks ago slice his on something,he came up to feed limping and bleeding.weve sprayed it a couple times a day for about a week and he never got infected now hes fine.

Latest posts