Ky beef expo

Help Support CattleToday:

It's February 19-21 at fair grounds. Mainly looking for angus heifer/cow to start trying AI. Then turning hereford bull we have out as a clean up.

Ky cowboy":33ei2qi9 said:
It's February 19-21 at fair grounds. Mainly looking for angus heifer/cow to start trying AI. Then turning hereford bull we have out as a clean up.

I think angus sell on Saturday morning if I am remembering right. Loading what you buy is a pain in the tail. The trade show is decent.

Never really priced registered stock other than bulls what should expect as far as prices I know there's a vary wide variance but trying to brace myself.

The Angus Sale is Saturday at Noon. The Show is 10:00 am Friday. Prices can vary from near commercial prices up to thousands. I was thinking about going and looking for a young bull.

Surprisingly, there will be some bargains there. Granted, it will be on what I would call entry level cattle. That's were I get most of my Charlois Bulls

Just got home from the sale ended up buying 1 reg heifer she came from Moorhead university. I thought prices in the pen heifer sale were pretty reasonable. On the other hand I can tell my pockets aren't deep enough for the show angus some of them were $10k

Ky cowboy":19y39vkm said:
Just got home from the sale ended up buying 1 reg heifer she came from Moorhead university. I thought prices in the pen heifer sale were pretty reasonable. On the other hand I can tell my pockets aren't deep enough for the show angus some of them were $10k
What were the prices on those heifers that you are calling reasonable?

Reg. angus open heifers around $1800. Fall bred commercial heifers about $2200 for real nice baldies. Several spring bred heifers with calves already at side where running around $2500