Kuhn Disc Mower Won't Raise Up

Help Support CattleToday:

TexFarmer

Reaction score
I inherited a Kuhn GMD 600 disc mower from the 90's, it ran fine a couple of years ago and was parked in a field ever since. I went to hook up to it today and tried to lift the mower vertical for transport and the hydraulic cylinder just sprayed hydraulic fluid out of both ends of the cylinder and the mower did not move at all. I tried a different remote port on my tractor and tried moving the lever in both directions to no avail. I'm new to this mower and don't have a manual so I'm wondering if the cylinder is just bad or am I missing something like a lockout that is preventing the mower from raising?

should be a string you pull to unlock it to raise. if the string is gone you should see a lever near the top holding it locked. lift it up and tie it with something. you might need to raise the 3 pt to get the weight off it.

ddd75":1w1a31ef said:
should be a string you pull to unlock it to raise. if the string is gone you should see a lever near the top holding it locked. lift it up and tie it with something. you might need to raise the 3 pt to get the weight off it.
My gmd 500 has a rope to pull to release a latch, but it's only to lower it from the transport position. If the cylinder leaks, it'll need to be rebuilt or replaced. If you have not done so already, you might want to change the gear box and cutter bar gear oils.

Txpiney":3r74grj4 said:
ddd75":3r74grj4 said:
My gmd 500 has a rope to pull to release a latch, but it's only to lower it from the transport position. If the cylinder leaks, it'll need to be rebuilt or replaced. If you have not done so already, you might want to change the gear box and cutter bar gear oils.

well.. my kuhn needs to be pulled to raise it up as well as lower it.

Latest posts