KUBOTA WATER IN FUEL ??????

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Does any one have problems with their KUBOTA ? The only mechanical problem I have ever had is when it rains I get water in the fuel if it is left outside. The fuel tank is on top and has a neck on the filler with what appears to be a water tight cap. How does the water get in the fuel. Of course it takes a special wrench to get the filter off. Building the barn is in progress. Any suggestions ?

I have not had those problems with my M9000 or BX24 and have used them in the rain. I'd check with Kubota to see if there might be any recalls or modifications pertaining to your situation.

Do you have any one that would have access to your tractor. I mean anyone that could be putting the water in the fuel tank just to mess with you. You will get some condesation if the tank is not kept full, also is the container you are using to haul your fuel water free. Just a thought

I will call Kubota this morning about recalls, although I have not had any luck with the local dealer as far as maintenance goes. I havn't ruled out vandalism. I do have one very nasty neighbor. I guess I will install a night light and load my shot gun. I have to agree with you since this is a reoccurring problem. Thank you for your input.

where do you get yer fuel. waether changes will bring lotta water outta the air. transfer tank maybe. how much water are we talking...worse things than water to put in fuel if yer vandalizing

Dieselbeef, thanks for your reply. Every time my tractor is left in the rain this problem occurs. I buy my fuel at the corner fuel stop for my tractor and pickup. Never a problem with the pickup. This is the fourth time this has happened. We have had heavy rain this week.{god has answered many prayers} we are thankful. I am thinking that the problem is in design. The tank is plastic and sits on the top of the motor.The hood closes on top of the tank, there is a rubber gasket glued to the top of the tank around the filler spout. I am thinking to prevent ware from vibration. Just talked to a Kubota Mechanic. He said that the problem is I purchase fuel from the gas station on the corner and gas stations are notorious for collecting water in their fuel supplies. He told me how to fix the problem today, and to buy fuel from the bulk plant as they put die in their off road fuel and it is easy to see if there is water in the settlement bowl. Hope he is correct my cows are waiting for the roll of hay. Thanks for the help

kerley":2796jn0h said:
Dieselbeef, thanks for your reply. Every time my tractor is left in the rain this problem occurs. I buy my fuel at the corner fuel stop for my tractor and pickup. Never a problem with the pickup. This is the fourth time this has happened. We have had heavy rain this week.{god has answered many prayers} we are thankful. I am thinking that the problem is in design. The tank is plastic and sits on the top of the motor.The hood closes on top of the tank, there is a rubber gasket glued to the top of the tank around the filler spout. I am thinking to prevent ware from vibration. Just talked to a Kubota Mechanic. He said that the problem is I purchase fuel from the gas station on the corner and gas stations are notorious for collecting water in their fuel supplies. He told me how to fix the problem today, and to buy fuel from the bulk plant as they put die in their off road fuel and it is easy to see if there is water in the settlement bowl. Hope he is correct my cows are waiting for the roll of hay. Thanks for the help

mybe so but i aint buyin it. its gettin in around a crack in the top of the tank or fillin up the ring and overflowin into the cap thru the vent. if it was comin out of yer sellers tank yer truck would be full of it also and if you think thats true run a little into a clear jar and let it settle for a few hrs. but i doubt it. somewhere round the fill neck i ebet you will find a crack. open the hood and put a heavy piece of plastic over the cap and then shut th hood to make it tight, youll know then next time it rains. good luck but its somewhere in the fill neck or cap ill betcha

kerley":3g1hgqeq said:
Does any one have problems with their KUBOTA ? The only mechanical problem I have ever had is when it rains I get water in the fuel if it is left outside. The fuel tank is on top and has a neck on the filler with what appears to be a water tight cap. How does the water get in the fuel. Of course it takes a special wrench to get the filter off. Building the barn is in progress. Any suggestions ?

Check where the neck of the filler enters the tank. It could have gotten a hard strike to the neck and cracked at the base. When it rains will enter. Check your cap make sure you have one that laps over the neck instead of setting on top. If it has a vent tube make sure it is connected.( the connection some are in valleys in the tank this will collect water)