Kubota Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Can anybody out there speak on their likes,dislikes, and durability with Kubotas used on the farm.

I had a 1975 4 wheel drive 245 sold it to my neighbor last year. There tough as a boot only complaint was hard on alternators.

I have a 3710 / 4-wheel drive....I dont work it hard as most guys do, but it's done everything I've asked of it. It has about 400 hrs, used it for tilling garden, digging holes, lots of loader work. I've had it for 2 1/2 yrs now and its never failed me! I got the hydro transmission, its works well for loader work and also makes it easier for my wife to mow with if needed!

A neighbor had a 90 horse kabota and had a hard time with the hydraulic remote couplers. The fitting on the the tractor would break if the hose had any strain place on it. I know of no other problems with the tractor.

pat

i dont own one but a cousin of mine does.. about a 40 horse 4 wd.. he loves it, but thinks the lift is too lightly built. another farmer close to me had a little larger 4wd and tore the lift out of the back of his tractor.. not sure how, but it totaled the tractor.

jt

Bought a new Kubota 7800 this year with loader & brush hog. 30 HP, 4 cyl, 4WD, diesel. So far works great! Hydrostatic transmission and other frills. Easy to manouever around our various pens, paddocks, small pasture areas. Had the rear wheels set as far out as they would go since Kubotas tend to have narrow wheelbases.

How do you determine what hp tractor you will need for the size of your operation?

I thought all things Texas were bigger and better? Should you really have to ask that question? Buy the biggest you can find!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":21koc8n4 said:
Um price does enter into the picture ya know !

Just don't try to save money by getting something that's been abused. A well used tractor that has been maintaned will last a lot longer then a newer tractor that has had the snot flogged out of it and not been kept lubed, etc.

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3piwpxfl said:
Ok so I ask again,what is the formula to determine how many hp a tractor should be for the size of your farm? What make do you favor?

You need to match it to the equipment you want to use. No use in spending money on too much tractor if you do not need to. If you are going to cut and bale youor own hay for example,you would need at least a 60 - 70 (preferably bigger) hp tractor. Even if you are just going to use it for bushhogging, match the hp to the equipment you have,or are going to buy in the future. Don't buy a small tractor,then decide you want to bale hay and have to buy another tractor for example. Try to think ahead and anticipate your needs. On the other hand,sometimes a smaller tractor fits the bill where a larger one would be harder to use.

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":1jtdh9f5 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1jtdh9f5 said:
Ok so I ask again,what is the formula to determine how many hp a tractor should be for the size of your farm? What make do you favor?

You need to match it to the equipment you want to use. No use in spending money on too much tractor if you do not need to. If you are going to cut and bale youor own hay for example,you would need at least a 60 - 70 (preferably bigger) hp tractor. Even if you are just going to use it for bushhogging, match the hp to the equipment you have,or are going to buy in the future. Don't buy a small tractor,then decide you want to bale hay and have to buy another tractor for example. Try to think ahead and anticipate your needs. On the other hand,sometimes a smaller tractor fits the bill where a larger one would be harder to use.

I favor the Kubota, and have an L 4310 with a backhoe attachment.I need another tractor,and am looking real hard at the Kioti, just wish they made a higher hp, 65 horse is the biggest they make.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":uy8fmjm8 said:

You can look at different manufacturers equipment catalogs and see what they call for for that particular piece of equipment. If you're going to plow a lot, look at plows, disk, look at disks, brushhog what size, etc. There is also a difference in how hp is psecified, pto and I think brake horspower, not for sure about that one. If you're planning on doing much loader work, look at the autoshift(clutchless) types of transmission. 50-60 would be the absolute minimum I would consider even for fairly light work. 4wd will increase the hp required. Experience and experience of others doing the kind of stuff you're planning on doing in the same type of terrain and soil conditions.

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2gwkh4m3 said:
You guys don't have a problem with imported tractors? What do you Texans prefer?

I think they're ALL imported anymore. Even JDs are made in china. The available service network is very important. No matter how well you maintaine it, things will break/wear out. If you have to wait a week for parts or the nearest help is 100 miles away the tractor may not be all that great of a deal.
This is one of those "been there, done that" deals.

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2ni2ws4v said:
You guys don't have a problem with imported tractors? What do you Texans prefer?

Dun is right all are imported Fords are India, Massey Turkey and Poland
Deere France and China and so and so . Buy by what dealership and parts are available. You don't want to spend half a day driving to get a part like I do on the Massey

Latest posts