Kubota Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am planning to buy a new tractor in the 55-65 horsepower range, and was wondering if anyone here has an opinion and/or experience with Kubotas?

Had a Kubota a few years ago. Decent tractor but very pricey. I've got a Long now, wish I would have gotten it years ago. Good price, good quality, good dealer support, and a darn tough hard working rig.

dun

gertman":u3iwp7sd said:
I am planning to buy a new tractor in the 55-65 horsepower range, and was wondering if anyone here has an opinion and/or experience with Kubotas?

gertman":ibygndvx said:

I have one as well as a Massey dang good tractor. As there are no American built tractors in that range you might want to look at a Kioti. I recently aquired one the 65 has a perkins for the power plant,works great in the hay fields. Not quite as steep as the Kubotas.

I've been through a Massey and two Fords. Now I've got an 89 4610 Ford, Cat 2 hitches. I cannot overwork that tractor, and it is easy to maintain. The hardest work I put on her is a 7' Rhino mower on the pastures. The Massey was a good machine, but a little smaller and I worked that poor thing to it's doom. Kubota is very popular around here but you can get a tractor just as good for less. Besides, if I was going to spend that much I'd buy American anyway. 99% of the citrus farmers in Florida are using exclusively John Deere. The outfit I'm with has 5 that are over 130 HP with AC closed cabs and 4WD. They had the other brands and won't switch back.

gertman":2fo7efzp said:

I had a Long 600 series, 65 hp and it was too light to pull a 6 ft offset disc. I also wanted to pull a 15 ft mower and it was too light. The fellow across the road has a Kubota and it is too light to mow mature weeds with a 5 ft mower. I would look at only three makes, JD, CIH or NH. Their design is stronger and the metel is heavier. Check um out.

D.R. Cattle":372ojbwv said:
I've been through a Massey and two Fords. Now I've got an 89 4610 Ford, Cat 2 hitches. I cannot overwork that tractor, and it is easy to maintain. The hardest work I put on her is a 7' Rhino mower on the pastures. The Massey was a good machine, but a little smaller and I worked that poor thing to it's doom. Kubota is very popular around here but you can get a tractor just as good for less. Besides, if I was going to spend that much I'd buy American anyway. 99% of the citrus farmers in Florida are using exclusively John Deere. The outfit I'm with has 5 that are over 130 HP with AC closed cabs and 4WD. They had the other brands and won't switch back.

Unless I am wrong and have been on occasion, Deere's in the range he was looking for is made in France, Massey' are made in Turkey and Poland,and Ford used to be GB and India. At one time I knew of no one making under a 100 hp in the good ole USA.

I bought a Kubota 3710 a couple of yrs ago,its around 45 HP I believe. I got the loader, ag tires, 6' blade and 6'mower with the package deal. It has been a great tractor so far, granted I dont use it near as much as I would like too, with work getting in the way more and more! I have about 300 hrs and never had a problem yet!

gertman":1hnk52vo said:

What you really need to look at is parts availabilty for whatever you buy in your area. I have a Massey 565 with 6000 hrs great tractor,if I need a part its 90 miles round trip. My Kioti is a year old 500 hrs and I have a dealer within 10 miles,if I need an oil filter or something. Try to buy local you do the math with time and fuel, if it's mechincal your going to need a part.

On Tractors: Buy one that has nearby dealer service and parts. If you buy an oddball brand this is especially true. We're in John Deere country...if I bought a Long, Kioto, Kibota, or one of the other "obvious" imports I would probably have to go 100 to 200 miles to get it repaired...not a viable option.

On the other hand, New Holland (Ford), Massey, Deere can all be readily serviced by most dealers (regardless of whoever "builds" these "USA" tractors).

A horse ranch I recently visited had a New Holland 45 HP with 4 WD and a loader. They were moving round bales of hay with their hay spear (with loader bucket off) with no problem whatsoever.

A cavaet: With a tractor, SERVICE and parts availability quickly are very important...same applies to cars............

Campground Cattle":zov34xge said:
gertman":zov34xge said:

What you really need to look at is parts availabilty for whatever you buy in your area. I have a Massey 565 with 6000 hrs great tractor,if I need a part its 90 miles round trip. My Kioti is a year old 500 hrs and I have a dealer within 10 miles,if I need an oil filter or something. Try to buy local you do the math with time and fuel, if it's mechincal your going to need a part.
Good point. I have a 1976 Allis chalmers xt190 that I like, but the dealer got bought out and they closed the location near me. Now I have to drive over an hour, one way, to buy a part. If I'm not mistaken, Masseyferguson and Allis Chalmer were both bought out by a company called Agro or agco, something like that?

We had the same problem with NH/Ford and IH. The local choices are Long or JD, or the type of worn out tractors I got rid of.

dun

jfont":3vui8a67 said:
Campground Cattle":3vui8a67 said:
gertman":3vui8a67 said:

Good point. I have a 1976 Allis chalmers xt190 that I like, but the dealer got bought out and they closed the location near me. Now I have to drive over an hour, one way, to buy a part. If I'm not mistaken, Masseyferguson and Allis Chalmer were both bought out by a company called Agro or agco, something like that?

Latest posts