Kubota RVT, Dang Thing

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
It's only 16 degrees out this morning and it won't start again. I guess I should say turn over, because if you jump the starter it will start and run fine. If you live where it get in the teens don't buy a Kubota RTV. I hate wasting money on stuff that won't do the job. It worked just fine all day and till 10:30 last night. I thought this Kubota RVT would last till my days ran out, but I don't think so now.

Just because a battery shows enough voltage, it may have a weak cell and under load it doesn;t have enough poop to turn it over. I have to replace the mule battery (one of those little bitty but expensive motorcycle type) about every 3 years in the winter. It probably doesn;t have jack for cold cranking amps

I just replaced the battery in my Kubota tractor, 780 hrs. and nine years old. Winter is a hard time for Batteries.

I also had to replace the battery on my Kubota tractor even though the the indicator still showed green. It would still start but was sluggish so I had it tested. It would only put out about 65% of what is was rated.

bird dog":19t9r5eg said:
I also had to replace the battery on my Kubota tractor even though the the indicator still showed green. It would still start but was sluggish so I had it tested. It would only put out about 65% of what is was rated.
That's where a tester comes in handy. Mine is one that you hook to the battery and it shows it's status/condition, then you flip a switch and it shows you the status/conditon under a load. It's saved me a and the neighbors a lot of hair pulling and cussing.

+1 on the cold cranking amp. have it checked. Unless he!! froze over this cold snap won't last long and I bet you don't have the same problems when it warms up.

That's where a tester comes in handy. Mine is one that you hook to the battery and it shows it's status/condition, then you flip a switch and it shows you the status/conditon under a load. It's saved me a and the neighbors a lot of hair pulling and cussing.
Exactly Dun, a battery may be fine, but its the "under load" status that is important. We have a tester just like you, some bats. will read ok but under load they will test weak, in this weather anything even borderline will prob. not start anything.
Jenna

The battery is fine, when I jump the starter it starts right up. It's been working all day, and if the temperature stays above freezing it will start just fine. Must be a fuse or relay that has moister in it. I be danged that's for sure.

If the battery is good I would suspect the starter solenoid or relay going to it. Should be an easy fix if that is it.

When you say "jump the starter", do mean the old trick of taking a screwdriver and crossing the lugs at the starter itself? Maybe moisture in the starter relay?