Kubota RTV

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":27o06nlf said:
Lava while thats true.. The RTV can go places a jeep can't and is more useful and my kids can drive it with no problem and I can drive it in the woods to hunt with and its lighter so I can drive across fields without rutting it out terribly bad.
That's what it comes down to, they are to different things, the price seems to big for what they are but if that is what you need then thats what you need. I have thought the same way about a haybed for a truck, i could buy another decent loader tractor for the 8000$ that a deweze costs but they don't do the same thing. If you could do without the blade and the cab, a kawasaki mule is a good rig for hunting having around the place.

skyhightree1":7dsr3yro said:
tater.. Thats what I have been looking at all day and even found some with a blade on them. The big killer is those trucks are manual I wanted something for the kids to be able to drive around the farm if i want or need something them be able to bring it to me and with the truck being manual thats kinda out of the question for now.

Never to soon to teach them to drive a stick. they'll need it sooner or later.

denvermartinfarms":di8gqwax said:
skyhightree1":di8gqwax said:
Lava while thats true.. The RTV can go places a jeep can't and is more useful and my kids can drive it with no problem and I can drive it in the woods to hunt with and its lighter so I can drive across fields without rutting it out terribly bad.
That's what it comes down to, they are to different things, the price seems to big for what they are but if that is what you need then thats what you need. I have thought the same way about a haybed for a truck, i could buy another decent loader tractor for the 8000$ that a deweze costs but they don't do the same thing. If you could do without the blade and the cab, a kawasaki mule is a good rig for hunting having around the place.

Denver I was thinking the exact same thing but i had never seen one of those mini trucks before in person so I don't know what size they are.But yea they are 2 different things I suppose I can get away without the cab if need be I looked at the mule and polaris rangers online yesterday way cheaper than the kubota without a cab. I agree about the mule though being a good tool around the farm.

tater74":1ifug4n7 said:
skyhightree1":1ifug4n7 said:
tater.. Thats what I have been looking at all day and even found some with a blade on them. The big killer is those trucks are manual I wanted something for the kids to be able to drive around the farm if i want or need something them be able to bring it to me and with the truck being manual thats kinda out of the question for now.

Never to soon to teach them to drive a stick. they'll need it sooner or later.

This is true but I had my boy driving a tractor around spreading lime and he was paying more attention to other things instead of what he was doing I was sure he was gonna hit my truck and adding a clutch to the equation not good lol

I went through the same things recently looking for a new UTV. I looked at all of the major ones around here, and for me, the most bang for the buck came with the Ranger. The Mule was a very close second, but it lacked top end speed for occasional road use and it rides a bit rougher. The Mule does have a larger bed, and it's metal. Both have available aftermarket cabs. They're expensive, but still far less than the Kubota. The Kubota offers the heat and A/C, but when I'm out working I'm already dressed for the weather. Just blocking the wind would be the biggest thing in the winter. From what I've seen, the mini trucks appear slightly larger than the RTV 1100. The Bobcat offers some interesting options, but from what I recall, the cost approaches that of the Kubota when you start adding those options.

M.Magis":1g5oj67e said:
I went through the same things recently looking for a new UTV. I looked at all of the major ones around here, and for me, the most bang for the buck came with the Ranger. The Mule was a very close second, but it lacked top end speed for occasional road use and it rides a bit rougher. The Mule does have a larger bed, and it's metal. Both have available aftermarket cabs. They're expensive, but still far less than the Kubota. The Kubota offers the heat and A/C, but when I'm out working I'm already dressed for the weather. Just blocking the wind would be the biggest thing in the winter. From what I've seen, the mini trucks appear slightly larger than the RTV 1100. The Bobcat offers some interesting options, but from what I recall, the cost approaches that of the Kubota when you start adding those options.
I agree, i would not buy anything other than a ranger or mule. If it wasn't going to be a kubota, And i can tell you from personal expeirence the kubota's are not faster than a mule.

I guess if I must have a cab I could look at after market stuff and add my own heater and take cab off in summer for wind ac lol I can't believe how the base model kubota is like 15k with no cab and rangers and mules are like 5-7k cheaper for same stuff

skyhightree1":3vcakwq5 said:
I guess if I must have a cab I could look at after market stuff and add my own heater and take cab off in summer for wind ac lol I can't believe how the base model kubota is like 15k with no cab and rangers and mules are like 5-7k cheaper for same stuff
Around here the base model diesel 4x4 kubota with hydro dump is about 11k. and the base gas 4x4 mule is about 7k.

Running aaron that figures about the dealers in my immediate area most of the time I go to nc and buy stuff because things are cheaper there.
Denver 7k is alot easier to swallow than 28k or 11k I have a kawasaki dealer near me and will go check them out and see if they have any deals like with last years models or something.

We looked at them all a couple of years ago when we rplaced our 2 worn out mules. The final desciding factor was the height of the bed floor. The mule had one low enough that I could lift a load into it, the others were all 2 high

skyhightree1":xol5ufb8 said:
Dun kinds of loads were you putting on your mules?
The heavist was probably a 4x5 round bale, but normally it's more like a dozen sacks of ready mix or a bunch of fence wire.

The MSRP for the base model gas RTV 1100 is $18,750.

Edit:
Sorry, I guess my first price was out dated. The price now for a 4x2 gas 1100 is over $20,000 MSRP. If I could have one for $11k there would be one in my garage right now.

skyhightree1":12heaa1o said:
Dun How did it do with the 4x5 bale ? yea 18k is ridiculous thats how much it should be fully decked out
It carried it ok but the front was a little light going up hills.
mule-hay.jpg

When the front spindle broke on my tractor I also used it to rake hay
mule-rake.jpg

Skyhigh, I paid 16k out the door for my 4 seat RTV 1140. And I bought the Kubota Insurance with it, full replacement no matter what. And when you price a Ranger, or Mule with a diesel engine the Kubota really is the best value. The RTV 1140 that we have weights 800lbs more than the Mule and 500lbs more than the Ranger. The transmission in the Kubota is a hydrostatic, and the others are belt B.S. drive. Compare apples to apples and do the math than make your mind up. Oh yea one last thing my Kubota will out pull the Ranger and Mule easy, and that's with the guy in the Polaris with his foot on the brake. Disc brakes didn't help, he could not stop me from pulling him backwards.

Latest posts