Kubota RTV Start Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Morning y'all!

My RTV 1100 has been acting weird for starting. Procedure is to put gear shift in neutral and hit the starter switch. Have new battery. Most of time it kicks right off. Then, periodically nothing happens. After jiggling the gear shift lever and keep hitting the ignition switch it starts.

Question:

Is there an "interlock" activated by the gear shift lever? If so...where is it??

Thanks for y'alls input and ideas!

Bill

the interlock will *usually* be on the transmission, but it could be on the lever..

Key switches are well known for being the cause of such problems.. next time it happens, hold the key in the start position and wiggle only the shifter... if that doesn't work after a while, do the opposite, try and figure out which is the culprit.

If you have a test lamp, I'd start probing from the key switch.. the power usually runs from the battery to the switch, from there to the interlock(s), and then to the starter solenoid... and yes, they sometimes act up too.

Found solution. Was interlock safety switch that was loose - located between transmission and engine at shifter location. Tightened and cleaned electrical connection. Someone with same problem posted UTube Video where he replaced limiter switch, but recommended checking to see if it was loose - worked for me! YEA!