Kubota RTV 900 CV Joints and Axles going out

Help Support CattleToday:

MrBilly

Reaction score
I mentioned a while back that I had a CV joint go out on the rear of the RTV. I told a friend about this and he took his in and they found that both of his were bad. I'm no mechanic so I don't understand all this, but when the cv joint goes it apparently ruins the axle also - or is it all one piece? Anyway , my friend put up a stink with Kubota and despite the RTV being past the warranty period they paid for the axles and he the labor. They did the same for me.

About six weeks ago, I thought I heard the same clunking sound in the rear that was do to a bad cv joint. I took it in and they looked it over and said if was fine. Well, this week the clunk really got loud and they are now replacing the axle on the other side - told you so!! :lol: I also told them to tell Kubota they were buying the axle - no word back from them yet.

The new cv joints now have a grease fitting, not sure that will fix the problem, but one can hope.

Despite all this crap, I still really like the RTV very much compared to my two Mules. Recently my oldest Mule needed another new starter ( I think it is the third ?) and now a water pump. :mad:

Billy

ive been thinking about getting an RTV,but since every brand seems to have major probs.im glad that i havent done anything.an still use a 4 wheeler.those things cost to much to have headaches like that.

MrBilly":1xdvs7eo said:
I mentioned a while back that I had a CV joint go out on the rear of the RTV. I told a friend about this and he took his in and they found that both of his were bad. I'm no mechanic so I don't understand all this, but when the cv joint goes it apparently ruins the axle also - or is it all one piece? Anyway , my friend put up a stink with Kubota and despite the RTV being past the warranty period they paid for the axles and he the labor. They did the same for me.

About six weeks ago, I thought I heard the same clunking sound in the rear that was do to a bad cv joint. I took it in and they looked it over and said if was fine. Well, this week the clunk really got loud and they are now replacing the axle on the other side - told you so!! :lol: I also told them to tell Kubota they were buying the axle - no word back from them yet.

The new cv joints now have a grease fitting, not sure that will fix the problem, but one can hope.

Despite all this crap, I still really like the RTV very much compared to my two Mules. Recently my oldest Mule needed another new starter ( I think it is the third ?) and now a water pump. :mad:

Billy
Buy 10 sets -- you will need them

Latest posts