Kubota RTV 500

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I bought a new Kubota RTV 500 today. It is the gas version and smaller than the previous models. Will take using it a while to see how I will like it. Any one else have one and what is your opinion of it.

I have the RTV 900 and like it very much, HOWEVER, be aware of any clicking sounds coming from the rear of the machine while rolling. I took mine in because of the noise and it was a bad CV joint that caused the axle to be toast and the whole thing cost around $700 to fix. I told a friend of mine who also has the same model, and he took his in and had two cv joints and axles replaced. He approached Kubota about this problem and they paid for his parts (about 1/2 of total cost) and they did the same with me after I asked the dealer to request the same treatment as my friend. Both of our units were over a year old and out of warranty.

The new cv joints now have a grease fitting on them.

Other than that it is good, but like everything has problems that have to be worked out over time and use. Hopefully new units will come with grease fittings, the ones I looked at recently at the dealership must be older models because they did NOT have the fitting. :wave:

Billy

[
Other than that it is good, but like everything has problems that have to be worked out over time and use. Hopefully new units will come with grease fittings, the ones I looked at recently at the dealership must be older models because they did NOT have the fitting. :wave:

Billy[/quote]
Why should they? Looks like they got a good thing going for them even at half price they are probably making a bundle.

I took a peek at an RTV 500 yesterday at the dealer and did not find any cv joints in the rear. Is that correct hurleyjd? If so, ignore my comment. Good luck.

Billy :banana:

Latest posts