Kubota RTV 1140

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
Well it was 18 this morning and the Kubota won't even try to start. It's been working great till this morning. Our Kubota must come with a thermostat hooked to the key switch, if it gets into the teens it won't start. Kubota is back to being a pos.

We've had a Kubota RTV 1100 for couple of years. Never missed a beat. Always starts (knock on wood). Use it daily to monitor cattle, fill water tanks, etc. Usually about an hour a day running. With a cab, heater, & A/C it's a great vehicle.

Is it possible that the battery is low? Do you run it enough to keep battery charged? I suspect some small "glitch" is a problem. Have it checked out at a dealer. JMO.

Running Arrow Bill":3srzwub8 said:
We've had a Kubota RTV 1100 for couple of years. Never missed a beat. Always starts (knock on wood). Use it daily to monitor cattle, fill water tanks, etc. Usually about an hour a day running. With a cab, heater, & A/C it's a great vehicle.

Is it possible that the battery is low? Do you run it enough to keep battery charged? I suspect some small "glitch" is a problem. Have it checked out at a dealer. JMO.
I too would suspect the battery. Just stick a new one in and see if it helps. If it doesn;t you can figure that you'll get more years before you try to start it out in the woods and it won;t start.

At 18 I doubt you were going to use it much, anyway. Like Angie said to Misty, if it wasn't for the wind chill, you could take the broom.
Or do you have the model with the heated/AC'd cab?
A trickle charge on the battery might help?

We jump the starter and it fires right up. And the battery test great under a load. Running Arrow Bill that's what I was hoping to hear, thanks. Can't believe your the only other person that has one. We use ours all the time, we average over 500 hours a year.
Our neighbor has over 4500 hours on his Kubota RTV 900, and it's never been back to the dealer. But it stays in the garage at night, and starts right up no matter how cold.

The solenoid is built inside the starter. So we just hook a jumper wire on the starter post and touch it to the solenoid stud and it fires right off. Hook, why does it only do it when it below 20 degrees? That what's got my goat.

Did you check it under load and below freezing weaather? The mule was getting balky at turning over too. Checked the battery in the afternoon and it showed good. The next morning it was actingup so I tested the battery again when it was 5 degrees, it showed weak. Replaced the battery and it fires right up now. This is the second time I've had to do it in the winter. Those motorcycle batterys don;t have squat for cold cranking amps.