Kubota M9540 with 1340 loader

Help Support CattleToday:

rockroadseminole

Reaction score
Anybody own one of these? Thinking about buying one with about 1500 hours on it. 4wd, cab, etc. Looks to be in great mechanical shape. Couple signs of wear, but seems cosmetic.
Would use it to feed cows, mow, disc, and plant. Everything I'm currently using a case 70a open cab for with no major issues. I'm tired of getting wet and tired of eating dust. Would be nice to catch another gear with said implements too.

Any specific things to look for?

Had one for a few years and traded it for a M100x. No problems with it except for the rear end being light for some of the things I was doing with it. I put 600 lb of weight and it really helped

No personal experience but have several neighbors running them with nothing but good things to say. I have looked at a couple to buy just never had a deal come together on one. Will be a big step up from the Case if it is similar to a JX series. Pre emissions which is a big deal especially on the Kubota. My guess is the only negative you will hear is Kubota run light for size but thats an issue worked around for most things. Good luck!

Honestly that's what started me looking at them. I haul mine a lot and heavy doesn't help on the highway and what I wanted it for I didn't need it in the field. Tillage is where weight really makes a difference

I had an 8540 like you're talking about for 6 years. Great tractor, never had an issue with it. Traded for a 9960 to get more power and the hydraulic shuttle with 6 speed. I've had the 9960 for 6-7 years now and it's been great but I always liked the 8540 a little more because it didn't have the emissions stuff. They are a little light but water in the tires cures that.

If you get the one with the rear cast iron rims, 16.9-34 or 18.4-34 tires and fill 80% fluid,weight will not be a problem as each cast wheel weights 600 lbs extra on each side. I have the older version M9000 with the cast rims, 34" tires, 4x4 and I never take the loader off just quick detach the bucket. I have not seen a situation for the size of the tractor I would want anymore weight.

That M9540 is Tier 3 with only 1500 hours. If in good shape and the price is right you will get a good tractor.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/8/4/1844-kubota-m9540.html

We bought a 9540 new in probably 08. Up until this year when we bought a new jd 5125r the kubota was the workhorse. It ran a 9'9" disc mower, and ran the roller it's whole life. I bought a 567 Deere year before last and it handled it very well. Never had the first issue out of it besides the a/c. The past 3 years we've but a condenser and 2 compressors in it. That's is absolutely the only complaint we've had. Would have bought another new kubota instead of the Deere but our local service department are a real pain to deal with. Got to the point we refused to use them and were trailering tractor 40 miles to the next closest dealer.

Latest posts