Kubota hydraulic fluid?

Help Support CattleToday:

fnfarms1

Reaction score
I've got an 09 Kubota 9540 with hydraulic shuttle. 8spd tranny. About to change the hydraulic fluid. I've always used Mystic JT5 I think it is. Local tractor place says just use premium fluid. Thoughts?

One lesson I learn when I first bought the tractor, only use Kubota filters. I bought Wix and there's no place for the magnetic rings. All other filters I use Wix but not those. I've owned it about 8yrs now

I don't mind paying alittle more if I feel it's worth it. Availability tends to be one of my big issues. The filters alone for $53 each x2. Didn't price Kubota oil, off brand works for me as long as it meets or exceeds specs. Mystic was great, availability being my hold up

I know Kubota does not make their oil, but with the hydraulic shuttle I think I would get exactly what is recommend and probably from Kubota. With the synthetic Kubota UDT2 as you did not state were you live it works good in all climates. On just the regular Kubota oil on a cold morning the shuttle can be a little slow until warmed up. What is $500 on a 80k great (low emission) 40 series tractor that can't be replaced.

Kubota Super UDT2 Synthetic Universal Transmission / Hydraulic Fluid

Kubota Super UDT2 is a multi-purpose all-weather hydraulic fluid. This product is specifically recommended for use in the Kubota hydraulic, final drive, transmission, differential, and wet brake systems. Kubota Super UDT2 provides the following benefits to Kubota equipment: Improved transmission performance and protection at high and low operating temperatures - Unique friction characteristics on wet clutches enables smoother start off, drive control, and PTO connection - Superior corrosion resistance and efficient filterability protects transmission and hydraulic systems - Improved transmission efficiency through reduction in power loss - Meets Kubota's stringent specifications

Last edited:
I know Kubota does not make their oil, but with the hydraulic shuttle I think I would get exactly what is recommend and probably from Kubota. With the synthetic Kubota UDT2 as you did not state were you live it works good in all climates. On just the regular Kubota oil on a cold morning the shuttle can be a little slow until warmed up. What is $500 on a 80k great (low emission) 40 series tractor that can't be replaced.

Kubota Super UDT2 Synthetic Universal Transmission / Hydraulic Fluid

Kubota Super UDT2 is a multi-purpose all-weather hydraulic fluid. This product is specifically recommended for use in the Kubota hydraulic, final drive, transmission, differential, and wet brake systems. Kubota Super UDT2 provides the following benefits to Kubota equipment: Improved transmission performance and protection at high and low operating temperatures - Unique friction characteristics on wet clutches enables smoother start off, drive control, and PTO connection - Superior corrosion resistance and efficient filterability protects transmission and hydraulic systems - Improved transmission efficiency through reduction in power loss - Meets Kubota's stringent specifications

I picked up 2 55 gallon drums of CAT synthetic TO4+ oil at an auction for under $1k and will run that in everything, including my dodge auto transmissions. I just did one fluid change last week and changed from ATF to TO4, seemed to work well on the first drive (original trans with 200k miles on it) and I'm putting a fresh trans in another truck and will run it as well. I think it's much more heat resistant and has higher lubricity than ATF.
Before bidding on the stuff I looked up the price per barrel.. about $2K!

I picked up 2 55 gallon drums of CAT synthetic TO4+ oil at an auction for under $1k and will run that in everything, including my dodge auto transmissions. I just did one fluid change last week and changed from ATF to TO4, seemed to work well on the first drive (original trans with 200k miles on it) and I'm putting a fresh trans in another truck and will run it as well. I think it's much more heat resistant and has higher lubricity than ATF.
Before bidding on the stuff I looked up the price per barrel.. about $2K!
Seems like you got a good deal. I try to stay with recommendations. I'll try to get some Kubota stuff probably.

I looked at swapping from Kubota UDT to a different oil awhile back. All the research I did including talking to the shop guys said not to use anything but Kubota UDT. The shop guys say the clutch will wear prematurely. My reason for wanting to change was availability. I needed 5 gallons on a Saturday evening and there's no where to get it.