Kubota disc cutter?

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":7oz36sw9 said:
tnwalkingred":7oz36sw9 said:
Angus cow man,

When we were shopping for a disc mower to buy I looked at different brands. The new holland dealer had a disc mower and the dealer told me it was made by Kuhn. When I went to the john deere dealer across town that same day the mowers they were selling looked identical to the ones I saw at the new holland dealership. When I asked the dealer about it he said Kuhn made both of them and the only thing different was the paint and skirt. These were dealers in middle TN. I'm by no means a manufacturing expert so all I can tell you is what I saw and what I was told.

Kyle
I have never seen a NH cutter bar that was made by Kuhn I believe you were given false info
Unless someone has started making one in the last few yrs NH was the only one with a segmented cutter bar where every pod had its own oil and wasn't connected
The kuhns and a few other brands I have owned were a solid bar where you filled the complete bar with oil and it lubricated every pod and if you ran on steep ground the top pods were with out lubrication
NH has the HM series mower and the H series, the HM is their economy mower which is not the individual sections.

Wouldn;t it be just as easy to look up the parts manual online? The exploded diagrams work pretty well for figuring out how things are put together

dun":249mhorp said:
Angus Cowman":249mhorp said:
Unless someone has started making one in the last few yrs NH was the only one with a segmented cutter bar where every pod had its own oil and wasn't connected
The kuhns and a few other brands I have owned were a solid bar where you filled the complete bar with oil and it lubricated every pod and if you ran on steep ground the top pods were with out lubrication
New Idea are segmented, makes it really easy to fix the one section that is screwed up
Yep, new idea's are segmented and are a very good mower IMO.

denvermartinfarms":2wbnlz9d said:
dun":2wbnlz9d said:
Angus Cowman":2wbnlz9d said:
New Idea are segmented, makes it really easy to fix the one section that is screwed up
Yep, new idea's are segmented and are a very good mower IMO.
The new idea they loaned me when repairing my NH wasn't segmented it was a solid bar and you could change the cutter units individually but the bar wasn't segmented IIRC
IIRC it had the same type bar as my older Hesston
I had a NI Disc mower but only owned it for about a yr it was just a 3pt mower the one they loaned me was a moco

We had a 5209 new idea it was segmented, we now run gehl which is a kuhn parts are interchangeable, kuhn also did make 3pt cutters for jr as well as nh(i belive it was the 417 moco not sure on model) id in the past few yrs started making there own cutter bars again. Also the NI and massey cutters were the same not sure about now. Fwiw after using both the kuhns work better in heavy hay such as bermuda u could put new blades on each and start cutting mowers were both new the kuhn bars out performed the NI.

runningr":1i50v3kp said:
We had a 5209 new idea it was segmented, we now run gehl which is a kuhn parts are interchangeable, kuhn also did make 3pt cutters for jr as well as nh(i belive it was the 417 moco not sure on model) id in the past few yrs started making there own cutter bars again. Also the NI and massey cutters were the same not sure about now. Fwiw after using both the kuhns work better in heavy hay such as bermuda u could put new blades on each and start cutting mowers were both new the kuhn bars out performed the NI.
I have a 5409 3pt, and this year I hit a chunk of wood in a field and broke 1 shaft and rounded off another, broke it down right in the field and had it fixed in a few hours, I liked that. My next mower will be a Kuhn though.

Latest posts