Kubota alternator puts out 11 volts at idle

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
Hi.

Had a dead battery on my Kubota 8540. Figuring it was the battery, so I took it out and had it tested. Came back good, so I checked the voltage coming from the alternator and I only have 11 when the tractor is at idle. At 2000 rpm I get 13 volt. The shop that tested the battery said I should be getting 14.5 volts even at idle. That being said, anything else to look at before I just go and get another alternator?

Thanks-

I don't know. The tractor is about 6 years old. I'll call my local dealer and ask, even though their service dept sucks and I don't really trust what they tell me...

The problem is the little electronic board in the alternator. Take it to a rebuild shop and they will fix it, usually $50 or less and about a 15 minute job.

jltrent":b82luhdc said:
The problem is the little electronic board in the alternator. Take it to a rebuild shop and they will fix it, usually $50 or less and about a 15 minute job.
What jltrent said is the cheapest way. The alternator should be putting out between 13.5 to 14.5 volts, even under a load. Anything below 13.5 is not enough voltage, anything above 14.5 is too much voltage.

Latest posts