KS concealed carry

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I guess, as of this July in the state of KS you won't need a permit to carry concealed. I'm not sure how I feel about this??? For one thing, I'll bet a lot more businesses will been putting out no guns signs. As they don't thugs carrying in their business. JHO. I guess then the only advantage to having a permit will be when you purchase a weapon you don't have to wait for a response from the FFL. :pop: B&G

Black and Good":20lwjdam said:
I guess then the only advantage to having a permit will be when you purchase a weapon you don't have to wait for a response from the FFL. :pop: B&G
You might want to look into that if it's a big issue for you. The background check is federal and is required. Don;t know if KS has somekind of check too that you have to wait for.

If you really want to see some stammering and himhawing around by a business owner that puts up a No Guns sign as them if they would be willing to put up the same sign on their front lawn. In essence they are inviting criminals to bring a gun in their business.......and only for one reason.

I am for concealed carry, open carry etc without a permit for any law-abiding American citizen. To have to ask permission to exercise a constitutional right is ludicrous in my opinion. Who is to say that next we will have to get a permit to buy a bible, go to church, speak freely or write an opinion piece for the local paper. To regulate one right with permits and permissions really doesn't make it a right......right? :cowboy:

HOSS":2odecu6v said:
If you really want to see some stammering and himhawing around by a business owner that puts up a No Guns sign as them if they would be willing to put up the same sign on their front lawn. In essence they are inviting criminals to bring a gun in their business.......and only for one reason.

I am for concealed carry, open carry etc without a permit for any law-abiding American citizen. To have to ask permission to exercise a constitutional right is ludicrous in my opinion. Who is to say that next we will have to get a permit to buy a bible, go to church, speak freely or write an opinion piece for the local paper. To regulate one right with permits and permissions really doesn't make it a right......right? :cowboy:
Do you really think the constitution gives you the right to wear your pistol into my house with me telling you NO at the same time ???

TexasBred":2bwb7wjz said:
HOSS":2bwb7wjz said:

Do you really think the constitution gives you the right to wear your pistol into my house with me telling you NO at the same time ???
I don't see where he mentioned your house, he said he doesn't think you need to be required to have permit to carry. I agree 100%. " your house " is irrelevant. This is about rather you should need or not need a permit to have the same rights.

denvermartinfarms":2hmv8zzu said:
I don't see where he mentioned your house, he said he doesn't think you need to be required to have permit to carry. I agree 100%. " your house " is irrelevant. This is about rather you should need or not need a permit to have the same rights.

Read it again buddy:

I am for concealed carry, open carry etc without a permit for any law-abiding American citizen. To have to ask permission to exercise a constitutional right is ludicrous in my opinion.

TexasBred":ffhelz8g said:
HOSS":ffhelz8g said:

Not sure how you got that out of my post TB but to clarify:

You have the right to not allow me to carry a gun in your house, a bible in your house or voice an opinion in your house. A private business has that same right. My point was I shouldn't have to ask permission from the government to exercise those rights in public. That is who issues permits. What I said about a house is would a business owner that CHOOSES to post a No Gun sign at his business be willing to post one on his front lawn.

HOSS":3hsuyyv0 said:

You have the right to not allow me to carry a gun in your house, a bible in your house or voice an opinion in your house. A private business has that same right. My point was I shouldn't have to ask permission from the government to exercise those rights in public. That is who issues permits. What I said about a house is would a business owner that CHOOSES to post a No Gun sign at his business be willing to post one on his front lawn.

Not a problem hoss..but you made it sound like since it was your constitutional right, you should never have to ask anyone about where you could or could not carry your pistol. It was your constitutional right. I thought it was pretty clear in your post.....thanks for the clarification.

TexasBred":2xvbnsvl said:
HOSS":2xvbnsvl said:

Not a problem hoss..but you made it sound like since it was your constitutional right, you should never have to ask anyone about where you could or could not carry your pistol. It was your constitutional right. I thought it was pretty clear in your post.....thanks for the clarification.
Right, I understood what he was saying. It's not about where you should be able to do it, it's about rather you should have to get a permit.

I don't carry but a couple friends do. I support concealed carry. Some screw ball has to worry who may be ready to take him out. It is so sad to me when some screw loose starts something and there isn't one soul who can defend against him. That said there is a tremendous responsibility to do the right thing if you carry. Mel

Why is it that we never hear in the news about any lawful citizens who carry, in, out, whatever, who stopped or prevented a crime?

i carry all day everyday except while im at work..any other place i go i have my weapon concealed

if i choose to buy a weapon with a permit i can leave with it at that time..no waiting period. 3 days w/o one

im in florida for my disclaimer..your state regs may vary..they may even suck

Luca Brasi":1stqwrzg said:
Why is it that we never hear in the news about any lawful citizens who carry, in, out, whatever, who stopped or prevented a crime?

While it does happen, it is exceedingly rare for mainstream media to carry that type of news. It does not usually fit with their agenda.

You have to look for them.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -shooting/

Spend some time and also read the comments - it will clarify the answer to your question.

Cheers

There was a story on the news just this morning, a lady was being carjacked at a car wash and jumped on the hood of her car as it was leaving. Hanging on for dear life. A bad decision on her part but you gotta admire her guts. An onlooker was carrying and shot the carjacker. The car owner was unharmed, if the guy hadn't shot the driver she'd likely be dead or injured. He was being hailed as a hero on Good Morning America. That ain't enough for you?

Luca Brasi":3elwg5pv said:
That's not the news that the news wants to put out there. Most all.news networks are run by liberals and a citizen using a gun for self - defense is taboo.

Luca Brasi":104w8x92 said:
You don't here about crime that didn't happen in the news. " A criminal ALMOST stole something" isn't much of a headline and most of the time a law abiding citizen with a gun turns would be criminals into track stars so there's nothing to report. I know of two cases first hand where that was the case.

Latest posts