Krone round balers

Help Support CattleToday:

floridahay

Reaction score
I have been looking at a Krone kr 130 baler. Looks to be a heavy well built and simple machine. Does anyone have experience with these? The older Claas I have has been very good but the parts are outrageous. The dealer says that many Claas customers are leaving them due to the price of parts. Thanks for any opinions!

floridahay":106dqm9x said:
I have been looking at a Krone kr 130 baler. Looks to be a heavy well built and simple machine. Does anyone have experience with these? The older Claas I have has been very good but the parts are outrageous. The dealer says that many Claas customers are leaving them due to the price of parts. Thanks for any opinions!

Yep I do Krone 160 and cutter sitting in the barn. I love that closed drum baler. Only thing is keep your bearings in good shape can order them from the Big Bearing store online for about 4 bucks a piece. Mine has 88 roller bearings I guess I go through about 20 a season.

http://www.krone-northamerica.com/Krone ... baler.html

I just bought a Deere 375 that puts 4 x 5. The fella I bought it from had a Krone for his personal use but none for sale. He really bragged on it.

I have a small New holland belt baler , how does a krone baler compare with a belt machine , most of my hay that I round bale is baled high moisture for wrapping as haylage, does a krone work as good for high moisture a belt baler would.

Caustic Burno":xqy9586w said:
floridahay":xqy9586w said:

Yep I do Krone 160 and cutter sitting in the barn. I love that closed drum baler. Only thing is keep your bearings in good shape can order them from the Big Bearing store online for about 4 bucks a piece. Mine has 88 roller bearings I guess I go through about 20 a season.

http://www.krone-northamerica.com/Krone ... baler.html

I have a Claas 66. Parts aren't cheap, but I haven't needed a lot of parts. I've never changed a bearing. Maintenance doesn't seem out of line with others. The one I'm running is a '94, so it isn't new by any means. Avg 800 bales per yr in that time.

From all the people that I have talked to the Krone will probably be better with haylage than the belt balers are. This is what the Krone factory people say. They are supposedly the number 1 selling baler in Germany. I have a 46 Claas that I bought well used about five years ago and have gotten very good service out of it. The problem with it is that many of the sprockets and chains are getting well worn and with the price of the parts it is not economically feasible to repair it. THis baler has about 20 or so sprockets, with some of the larger ones costing about 400 dollars. A small one I replaced a while back was 227 dollars. From what I have found the Krone parts are much more reasonable and it has fewer parts to wear out too.

shorty":36vbuaa6 said:
I have a small New holland belt baler , how does a krone baler compare with a belt machine , most of my hay that I round bale is baled high moisture for wrapping as haylage, does a krone work as good for high moisture a belt baler would.

I only bale hay they advertise it as being a better baler for sileage I wouldn't know.
They are the number one baler around here all the Deere dealers carry them. I have often wondered with the dealers carrying them plus the color if they are some way affilated with them.

Latest posts