Krone KR 130

Help Support CattleToday:

rouxshortorn

Reaction score
wondering what everyone thought about Krone baler's 4x4 KR130 has net/twine silage ,I got a good deal on one that did only 500 bales and the paint was still new on the inside of the chamber.

rouxshortorn":31dyxolr said:
wondering what everyone thought about Krone baler's 4x4 KR130 has net/twine silage ,I got a good deal on one that did only 500 bales and the paint was still new on the inside of the chamber.

I have a Krone 160 in 4x5 good bailers, just keep it clean and the bearings replaced and it will work like a Singer sewing machine. You can get bearings online from the big bearing store for less than half price. The 160 has 88 roller bearings I replace 20 to 30 a year.

Caustic Burno":9thy7d6w said:
rouxshortorn":9thy7d6w said:

I have a Krone 160 in 4x5 good bailers, just keep it clean and the bearings replaced and it will work like a Singer sewing machine. You can get bearings online from the big bearing store for less than half price. The 160 has 88 roller bearings I replace 20 to 30 a year.

Why does that baler go through so many bearings, is that normal for the Krone Balers? I never change any bearings on my New Holland.

the krone baler is chain with elevator rods not belts. not sure if your NH is belt or chain?

The Krone models I've seen were "fixed chamber" balers.
A set of steel rollers arranged in a circle and driven by a large chain.
No belts.
Is there a belted Krone baler?

I have a Claas 66 baler. A 4*5 fixed chamber baler similar to the Krone and I have never had a roller bearing fail in 10+ yrs. It isn't perfect. I've spent $ on maintenance. But if the Krones are shucking that many bearings they are either sitting out in the rain or using insufficient bearings.
The Claas is getting old, and I think I'd prefer a belted baler for the next one. I bale some alfalfa and most observers say the belts are a bit easier on the leaf than those steel rollers.
What I really want is a big square baler, but the price is higher than I can justify.

john250":3dnnq20x said:
The Krone models I've seen were "fixed chamber" balers.
A set of steel rollers arranged in a circle and driven by a large chain.
No belts.
Is there a belted Krone baler?

I have a Claas 66 baler. A 4*5 fixed chamber baler similar to the Krone and I have never had a roller bearing fail in 10+ yrs. It isn't perfect. I've spent $ on maintenance. But if the Krones are shucking that many bearings they are either sitting out in the rain or using insufficient bearings.
The Claas is getting old, and I think I'd prefer a belted baler for the next one. I bale some alfalfa and most observers say the belts are a bit easier on the leaf than those steel rollers.
What I really want is a big square baler, but the price is higher than I can justify.

A lot has to do with how many bales a year you put through one and the kind of country your baling. Very sandy here rough on exposed moving parts. No it doesn't sit in the weather nor does it just bale 50 bales a year either.

how long is the expected life of a round baler. The contarctor that bales for me uses a Krone and he claims the expected life is only about 1000 hours. That seems very short to me.

KNERSIE":2k7unsp2 said:
how long is the expected life of a round baler. The contarctor that bales for me uses a Krone and he claims the expected life is only about 1000 hours. That seems very short to me.
Maybe 1000 hours if you are baling sea weed but usually a round baler is good for 20,000-50,000 bales before you need to rebuild the pickup.

Caustic Burno":xi6vyh5t said:
rouxshortorn":xi6vyh5t said:

Are you going through that many bearings because of baleage or is it regular hay?

rouxshortorn":2l7tbziu said:
Caustic Burno":2l7tbziu said:
rouxshortorn":2l7tbziu said:

Are you going through that many bearings because of baleage or is it regular hay?

Regular hay, I'm OCD on bearings and upkeep, if a bearing has some wobble its gone. I don't need to burn up a 20,000 dollar baler trying to save a few pennies.

Caustic Burno":1k91h3mf said:
rouxshortorn":1k91h3mf said:
Caustic Burno":1k91h3mf said:
rouxshortorn":1k91h3mf said:

Regular hay, I'm OCD on bearings and upkeep, if a bearing has some wobble its gone. I don't need to burn up a 20,000 dollar baler trying to save a few pennies.

If you'll hook it up to the tractor and spin it over a few times once a month during the off season, the bearings won't go bad as often.

MikeC":2le5b56i said:
Caustic Burno":2le5b56i said:
rouxshortorn":2le5b56i said:
Caustic Burno":2le5b56i said:
rouxshortorn":2le5b56i said:

If you'll hook it up to the tractor and spin it over a few times once a month during the off season, the bearings won't go bad as often.

Thats a great idea I hadn't thought about.

Caustic Burno":2irhfmjv said:
MikeC":2irhfmjv said:
rouxshortorn":2irhfmjv said:
rouxshortorn":2irhfmjv said:

Thats a great idea I hadn't thought about.

Got a friend who does custom combining and has 3-4 JD machines with the sealed bearings.

He told me since he started this practice his bearing replacing days are over. He claims he used to replace over 100 bearings per year. Now he replaces 8-10.

We recently bought a krone 1800 variable chamber baler. Put only about a 1000 bales through it this year, and had the typical bugs to work out,but nothing major. Really seem to like it now. Also has the knife option, dont know if that was needed but its kinda nice to have.

Latest posts