Krone disc mowers?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
I have been looking at Kuhn and Kubota mowers, but Krone has been suggested by some. Anyone got one?

krone is 1 heck of a fine mower.its 1 heavy built son of a gun.you just have to watch that slip clutch dont freeze up after it sits for awhile.

hillbilly beef man":1558tsrs said:
9ft 2 inch 283 is priced $10,500 right now around here. I hope to pick up one after the first of the year.
What do you run now?

Saw a Krone setting on a lot and noticed the lift pins sat way off level, looked to be hard to hookup, is that normal?

I have had 2 krone mowers, they were good mowers, wore both of them out, we cut 300 acres 3-4 times per year, always try to run 2 mowers, however, both did end up having gear box go out, fixed them both 2 times last time I bought a new Kuhn to replace one of them, we got several years of service from them, I like the Kuhn better, but it is a newer cutter , I had a belt drive and a shaft drive krone , seems the belt drive gave less gear box issues , since the shaft was a direct drive , it was harder on the box,

tom4018":39fj0xpt said:
Saw a Krone setting on a lot and noticed the lift pins sat way off level, looked to be hard to hookup, is that normal?
The back spring on the frame is supposed to be disconnected. This allows the hitch to sit level.
One thing I really like about our Krone mower is how easy it is to hook up to when alone.
I have owned some that would make a preacher cuss.