Krone disc mower.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man

Reaction score
After 15 years of service the time has come to replace my old 7 ft Walton disc mower. I am looking hard at a krone, mainly due to price and a dealership in the town I work carries parts. Does anyone have one, and how do you like them. Also, looking at going up to a 9 ft AM 283s model. Does anyone here pull a 9 ft cutter with a Jd 5510 or similar sized tractor(75 hp at pto). According to the specs it requires 55 pto hp, so this should not be a problem, but just want to verify.

we ran a krone mower for 6yrs and loved it.the only thing you have to watch is make sure the slipp clutch dont freeze up.been there done that the dealer replaced it.krone is a good heavy cutter.your tractor should pull it with ease.

In my opinion, Krone is the top of the line. I want one so bad I can taste it. Your 5510 won't have any problem running it. I ran my 9' Kuhn for years with a 5325, 55 PTO. If you have the means, definitely buy the Krone.

We run a Krone AM 283. We pull it with a little more tractor than the 5510. I would be careful when folded up on a hill side. You have plenty of tractor to cut with.
We are looking to buy another Krone 283 when the old Vicon finally bites the dust.