Krone Disc Mower

Help Support CattleToday:

eberlej

Reaction score
I found a Krone 283S Disc Mower for sale for $3500 with new blades that's supposed to be field ready. I would appreciate hearing from some of you that have experience with Krone mowers and your opinions of their quality. Thanks. :cboy:

well if its in good shape id jump on it fast for $3500.you cant beat a krone for cutting hay.they are good cutters.the only thing is the slippclutch will lockup in between uses.make sure it isnt locked up.an if it is findout how to unlock it before you start cutting hay.id hook it up an run it for a few mins fore i bought it.4yrs back i sold a 5 or 6yr old krone for $4000.

I bought a new Krone 283 last year and really like the machine. Laid down about twenty acres with it yesterday. Compared to the Kuhn, the Krone is easier to hook up, doesn't require getting off the tractor to flip the curtain up when going to transport position, and has less components to wear out on the bar. Let me say that I think both are excellent machines and I used the Kuhn for six years. I also feel that the Krone pulls a little easier which is important with the cost of fuel. However, I have no hard numbers to back this up. I had an older Krone from the 70s that had cut a lot of hay before I got it. Got good use out of that machine but the curtain was not as high above the bar and dallisgrass would clog up and not pass through. Always looked forward to digging that moist, sticky dallisgrass out of the cutter while the fire ants ate on my arms.

Latest posts