Koyker Loader with Grapple

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I am looking at a used Koyker front end loader. I think they are made in SD. Any comments on them???

The loader has a grapple and bucket attached. I see a lot of grapples out west, but not in my area. How useful are they if you do not have to move logs or small square bales???

I do not know a thing about Koyker but I can tell that once you have owned and used a set of grapples you will never again be without them.

I have a Koyker on one of my tractors. No complaints here. Up north I see lots of people that pick up two big bales at a time with the grapples on front. Seems like up there there having a spike on front is rare. I only have a spike and bucket, no grapple.

With a grapple stabbing the top of the bales, not the ends, wouldn't this leave somewhat of a hole in the top of the bale for rain water to penetrate the interior of the bales easier?

cre10":15ogp8pz said:
With a grapple stabbing the top of the bales, not the ends, wouldn't this leave somewhat of a hole in the top of the bale for rain water to penetrate the interior of the bales easier?

Grapples don't stab the bales. They grab them like a giant hand and squeeze.

Latest posts