Know What I am doing Tomorrow.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Wow do I have driveway down the hill to put back together.
We had some of the hardest rain I have seen in a long time.
One band that came through dropped an inch in 15 minutes.

TennesseeTuxedo":1wth885a said:
When I joined CT you had more than a few posts about the drought you were suffering through CB.

Which weather do you prefer?

Rain not flash flood's there is no benifit to those type runoff rain's except for the creek level.

I wondered if you still had rock to bring back up on it, or if you needed a load. Oh we'll even if it don't soak in much it is better than a drought, I guess.

I've seen CB's road--the slope is pretty steep and I can see where yesterday's storm front could cause a problem--we got it too, but I don't have the hills CB has.

Out of a clear sky, I looked to the north and saw it coming--big and black. Photo doesn't do it justice--it was ugly.
cloud002.jpg

Didn't take it 5 minutes to get here either--a fast mover, and filled the sky within 15 minutes of the first photo:
001dwg.jpg

002ewt.jpg

Wind and rain like the proverbial cow pizzin on a flat rock.
005kx.jpg

006vm.jpg

Lost power shortly after it started for a couple of hours, and guess I'll go look at fences at first light.

We had a hard rain too. The way the sky looked and the way the wind was blowing, we were not too sure that a twister wasn't going to touch down.

Wind and rain like the proverbial cow pizzin on a flat rock. thats and old saying around here to... my favorite,,, its raining like pouring pi$$ out of a boot :cowboy:

I come in to cool off I have been moving rock and dirt since daylight and it is a sauna here today.
When I finish I am going to have to put the grab's on the tractor to pick up all the downed limb's in the pasture.
Know what I am doing tomorrow after the sale.
Great thing about having electric fence around the place after one of these storm's I have the Patriot warning light's on all the run's. I can see the light's from the road so if they are not flashing the fence doesn't have a tree or limb across it and I don't have to ride it.

skyhightree1":1m87rkws said:
any fence damage cb?

None I haven't checked the back water gap yet.
Got to wait for the water level to get down so I can get in the creek and inspect it.
I have them designed to blow out in the event of a log or refrig comes down the creek.

skyhightree1":30xbigzr said:
gotcha thats good glad no damage thus far... I hate putting up fencing over and over.

You would really love the hurricane's then. After Rita there was not one fence on this place standing.
Some place's it was so bad I just cut the tree's pushed out a path with the dozer and ran new fence.
Came back and cleaned up the mess after I got the fence's up.