Knight still at it

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't care how successful you are in sports, it is not an excuse to be an a-hole. Big deal, so you can put a ball through a hoop or run faster than me :clap: , so what. It does not give one free reign to go out and do whatever it is that they feel like they want to do. Same goes for musicians, artists, poets :lol2: , cattle ranchers, politicians, doctors, lawyers, everyone.....

Bestoutwest":1nfhisgd said:
I don't care how successful you are in sports, it is not an excuse to be an a-hole. Big deal, so you can put a ball through a hoop or run faster than me :clap: , so what. It does not give one free reign to go out and do whatever it is that they feel like they want to do. Same goes for musicians, artists, poets :lol2: , cattle ranchers, politicians, doctors, lawyers, everyone.....

If it's not a big deal why do they pay those running, jumping, ball through the hoop guys millions of dollars a year?

TennesseeTuxedo":2w3s5gfs said:
Bestoutwest":2w3s5gfs said:

If it's not a big deal why do they pay those running, jumping, ball through the hoop guys millions of dollars a year?

Attachment to money does not excuse a person of civility. There is nothing, except for revenue, important about sports. If all sports ceased to exist tomorrow, life would still go on.

TennesseeTuxedo":5z4ld1rl said:
Bestoutwest":5z4ld1rl said:

With that logic I guess you consider the Kardashian bunch a big deal

callmefence":p2bzq7kn said:
TennesseeTuxedo":p2bzq7kn said:
Bestoutwest":p2bzq7kn said:

I have a cow, purebred Simmental out of Flying B Cut Above. She is registered under the name DBLDF Kim Kardashian. Why That name? Because Flying B Cut Above is nicknamed Fat Butt.
2qn5e0p.jpg

Bright Raven":iaiw7vsq said:
callmefence":iaiw7vsq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":iaiw7vsq said:

I have a cow, purebred Simmental out of Flying B Cut Above. She is registered under the name DBLDF Kim Kardashian. Why That name? Because Flying B Cut Above is nicknamed Fat Butt.
2qn5e0p.jpg

I've got one with a normal butt. But she's a real azz in personality.....I call her Vince.

callmefence":pgos5kck said:
Bright Raven":pgos5kck said:
callmefence":pgos5kck said:

2qn5e0p.jpg

I've got one with a normal butt. But she's a real azz in personality.....I call her Vince.

I bought mine as an open heifer from Double Diamond. I call her Blaze. She is a sweetheart.
2nl4ttu.jpg

callmefence":zdmbj0x4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":zdmbj0x4 said:
Bestoutwest":zdmbj0x4 said:

Me personally? Nope, but apparently they are a huge deal to millions of other folks.

Bestoutwest":1prfq6lz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1prfq6lz said:
Bestoutwest":1prfq6lz said:

Attachment to money does not excuse a person of civility. There is nothing, except for revenue, important about sports. If all sports ceased to exist tomorrow, life would still go on.

Best, you're smart enough to know that mankind has competed in sporting events of one kind or another since almost the dawn of time. That's what the ancient olympics were all about. We love to compete with one another.

Sure beats war.

TennesseeTuxedo":21cm1zjx said:
Bestoutwest":21cm1zjx said:

Pretty much all of them still make less than Judge Judy...fwiw.

WalnutCrest":ltzioqjp said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ltzioqjp said:
Bestoutwest":ltzioqjp said:

Maybe they'll let her try Bobby knight.

WalnutCrest":1ojc37xr said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ojc37xr said:
Bestoutwest":1ojc37xr said:

Well she's certainly a fine example.

TennesseeTuxedo":3s7fvs2t said:
Best, you're smart enough to know that mankind has competed in sporting events of one kind or another since almost the dawn of time. That's what the ancient olympics were all about. We love to compete with one another.

Sure beats war.

I understand that. I also understand that throughout civilization people who were exceptional at athletics have been revered as celebrities and sometimes even as gods, whether it be the most complicated sport to rock chucking. My point is, though, that we, as a society, are quick to excuse someone's behavior b/c they're good at said rock chucking. Bobby Knight, Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, etc have all been excused b/c they are "GREAT" coaches. Yes, Sandusky is sitting in a cell for the rest of his life. But Joe Paterno knew this was going on and still let it go so he could win games. Yet, people are still calling for his statue to be left untouched b/c the man knew how to win football games. If the vast majority of society acted in a way that these people act, we would be fired and we would remain unemployed.

TennesseeTuxedo":2ohu953p said:
callmefence":2ohu953p said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ohu953p said:

Me personally? Nope, but apparently they are a huge deal to millions of other folks.

So that makes their behavior excusable?

callmefence":3uv883af said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3uv883af said:
callmefence":3uv883af said:

So that makes their behavior excusable?

I'll let you pass judgment. Above my pay grade.

Bestoutwest":2tcx1pi2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2tcx1pi2 said:

Sure beats war.

I understand that. I also understand that throughout civilization people who were exceptional at athletics have been revered as celebrities and sometimes even as gods, whether it be the most complicated sport to rock chucking. My point is, though, that we, as a society, are quick to excuse someone's behavior b/c they're good at said rock chucking. Bobby Knight, Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, etc have all been excused b/c they are "GREAT" coaches. Yes, Sandusky is sitting in a cell for the rest of his life. But Joe Paterno knew this was going on and still let it go so he could win games. Yet, people are still calling for his statue to be left untouched b/c the man knew how to win football games. If the vast majority of society acted in a way that these people act, we would be fired and we would remain unemployed.

I'll reiterate, I'm not here to pass judgment on anyone.

TennesseeTuxedo":21s8mipr said:

So you're not confident enough in your moral compass to say whether sexual assault is acceptable or not? You can look at someone and say "Wow, that's wrong." I'm not talking about Knight or Paterno being unkind people. He//, if kids want to allow themselves to be abused to play at a top program, that's their prerogative, but there are sports programs with a history of other offenses and society turns a blind eye to this b/c they can chuck a rock farther than I can.

Bestoutwest":sdgc9uvb said:
TennesseeTuxedo":sdgc9uvb said:

So you're not confident enough in your moral compass to say whether sexual assault is acceptable or not? You can look at someone and say "Wow, that's wrong." I'm not talking about Knight or Paterno being unkind people. He//, if kids want to allow themselves to be abused to play at a top program, that's their prerogative, but there are sports programs with a history of other offenses and society turns a blind eye to this b/c they can chuck a rock farther than I can.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not here to argue for or against Knight or Paterno or the multitude of Catholic Clergy with sexual conduct issues. Frankly my good man, tonight I just don't give a damm.

Bright Raven":1bipt7or said:
callmefence":1bipt7or said:
Bright Raven":1bipt7or said:
2qn5e0p.jpg

I bought mine as an open heifer from Double Diamond. I call her Blaze. She is a sweetheart.
2nl4ttu.jpg
both those cows, got the same mental capacity

ALACOWMAN":3ny45t76 said:
Bright Raven":3ny45t76 said:
callmefence":3ny45t76 said:

2nl4ttu.jpg
both those cows, got the same mental capacity

No. Blaze has more.