knee replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i went to the sawbones yesterday and got shots in both knees.she moved my left knee in the bending range of motions and said its pretty well locked up.has very little if any bend or range of motion left in it.so she told me a local ortho surgen to use.and said that i would have to stay in the hospital rehab for a while.so i then got a holt of the head OR room nurse since we run togather and buy cattle.told him that i would be hard to get to the sale in 3 months if i wasnt rehabbed enough.he said get it done because the dr knew what he was doing.he told me the dr used implants in the knees and amino cells for a quick recovery.so next im calling my sawbones next week to set up a consult with ortho dr asap.told my dr i wont stay in rehabb very long because to much is going on and i cant stand being cooped up.

Doesn't sound fun but you are better off to get it done and hopefully reduce the chance for any further damage. I've seen people put it off and they compensate for the pain and end up hurting themselves worse. Good luck!

well my sawqbones said both knees would have tobe done.but i knew both knees would need doing sooner or later from what another dr said 10yrs ago or longer.so she is trying to add years to the good knee befor it has tobe done as well.doing so im also hoping itll put off hipp replacements a lot longer as i already know thay need doing in the future as well.

Neigbor has had both knees replaced over the span of 2 years. They have some kind of a pneumatic knee excerciser he would starp on a couple of times a day and only had to go into rehab once a week to check out how he was doing. Within a month each time he's basicly back to normal. Normal being before his knees got screwed up.

once i have the left knee done i hope it gets that leg back to what i call normal for me since its my bad leg anyway.the good thing is i have a buddy that will push the fire out of me anyway.i talked to him after the dr because he is as high up as he can go in the RN field except for becoming a nurse practier.

bigbull338":ac2hfi5w said:
i went to the sawbones yesterday and got shots in both knees.she moved my left knee in the bending range of motions and said its pretty well locked up.has very little if any bend or range of motion left in it.so she told me a local ortho surgen to use.and said that i would have to stay in the hospital rehab for a while.so i then got a holt of the head OR room nurse since we run togather and buy cattle.told him that i would be hard to get to the sale in 3 months if i wasnt rehabbed enough.he said get it done because the dr knew what he was doing.he told me the dr used implants in the knees and amino cells for a quick recovery.so next im calling my sawbones next week to set up a consult with ortho dr asap.told my dr i wont stay in rehabb very long because to much is going on and i cant stand being cooped up.

Get you an appointment with Dr. McGowan with Trinity Mother Frances system. One doctor told my wife that her knee was a total mess and needed replaced. She saw Dr. McGowan. He did his own x-rays and said I think I can go in there and do some trimming and do you some good. He was right and she has recovered and did very well with out a replacement.

i dont want tobe that far from home.plus ive checked out this dr as best i can.knowing me ill try to get it where i can stay in the hosptial a few days and come home with out going to rehabb.and do the rehabbing here.

If at all possible get yourself to the beach as soon after the operation as you can and soak your knees in the salt water. It will speed your recovery. Least it did on the knee I had done.

Wife had right knee done 2 years ago, both were bad but only did the worst. She transfered her weight after the surgery so now problems with hip.

well my right hipp pops out due to having to give to the left leg.and they say the hip will need doing sooner or later.im hoping i can put the hip off for a long time.joe id love to get in the hottub aftyer its done to see if the hot water will left keep the knee limber.

Best thing I ever did was have both knees replaced on the same day. When I went to my doctor's first follow-up appointment 3 weeks later, the guy in the hospital room next to me that had one knee replaced came in using his walker. I came in walking upright and carrying my cane.

Best thing I ever did.

I have endured Orthoscopic knee surgery which is a band aid for temporary pain relief, but does not last forever especially if you are active and required to work hard. Sooner or later the pain returns and you have the option of full knee joint replacement. I had my right knee done on Sept. 2004 and to this day it still bothers me, mostly motion restrictive. Some folks will be up and walking just fine but others will not, I am one of the others. I was in the Hospital three days post surgery then moved to surgical rehab clinic where I stayed thirty days. The good part was that Kathy was allowed to stay with me 24/7. She had a bed next to mine and helped me with everything. Try splinting your leg and use the bathroom with out help. Then the trips to town for rehab. It took me two years before I could bend my knee enough to get on my Tractor. I do admit that my artificial knee is working well and mostly pain free now but I won't do the left knee until the option is crawling. My Hips are also worn out and very painful because of Rhumatoid Arthritis which there is medication and pain pills that help with management. There are so many normal things that I can not do without severe pain that some mornings I wish I could have not survived. Sorry for the long winded but true story but It's a FACT. Bigbull I wish you good luck but I think you are living in Lala land.

kerley your telling how things went for you and thats what i want to hear.about the time or before you had your knee done i want to an old sawbones thinking about removing a bunyon.went through a battery of xrays on my feet ankles knees hips.i had surgery on my left foot 35yrs ago so i know/knew it was messed up.so he told me what my future was then 2 possable knee replacements and 1 or both hips replaced.now 10yrs later ive been on the walking stick for 2yrs because of the left knee.have little to no bend left in it.i can still swing up on the tractor pretty good being its a 7040.the dr is and old VA dr that done alot of knee replacements for the VA.my friend is the head OR nurse and he knows the dr and says he knows his stuff.the truth is my buddy runs the OR room.

Funny how the same surgery works different from one time to another. MY FIL had cataracts removed form one eye, within days he was seeing great, got the other eye done and he's now blind in that eye. The neighbor hadboth knees replaced a year apart and no problems, another guy had 1 knee replaced then had to have it done twice more within a year. He's still stove up and it's been 10 years. I had a shoulder rebuilt 10 years ago, still in enough pain that I decided to pass on having the other one fixed. Guy that has a local feed store got his shoulders done and he's as good as new and he had his done by the same doc that did mine at about the same time.

It must be Genetics but one thing for sure those folks with these problems have worked very hard to get this way, I know I have.

i know 1 or 2 people that the knee replacements didnt work out that well for them.i also know people that tell me that i wont regret getting it done.but i know how bad my knees are esp the 1 thatll be done.i want to make sure everything is at right as it can be to insure a good working replacement.

I've been using mine for over thirty years now. Glad I had it done else I wouldn't be walking. They wanted me to come back in to pull some pins out of my leg but they'll have to drag me back if they want them cause I'm not going back. I think four operations on the knee is enough.

Jogeephus":onmkyjeg said:
I've been using mine for over thirty years now. Glad I had it done else I wouldn't be walking. They wanted me to come back in to pull some pins out of my leg but they'll have to drag me back if they want them cause I'm not going back. I think four operations on the knee is enough.
Did TSA give you any trouble because of those pins? Hope you had some fun with them

Latest posts