Knee Replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man":3kktbbg2 said:
Jogeephus":3kktbbg2 said:
Have had one done. Didn't go to rehab just went to the beach and waded in the salt water. Was walking on my own two weeks before they said I should expect to. Haven't had any trouble so far although there was a period when I was a pretty good weather forecaster.
I know what you mean about the weather.... :lol: It has been just over a couple of weeks since my surgery and I am already walking around without any assistance from a cane or walker. I am going to therapy though... I want to get my flexibility back as quickly as I can. Jo, have you found that you can do more things now that you had the surgery or do you feel more limited now? I guess what I'm really asking is... Is there anything that you can't do now that you wished you could?

I can do much more. It's really better apart from two things. One problem I have is from a pin they left in my bone. It protrudes our a little and if I accidentally bump it the pain is horrendous. They wanted to take it out but I don't plan on ever letting them touch me again. Four surgeries were enough.

The other thing is purely mental. I still don't trust my knee on things like stairs. Post surgery it has never failed me but I'm sure you are well aware of how you are now conscious of the possibility of yours going out in certain situations and this mistrust or caution hasn't left me yet. (Hope that makes sense)

Not too pretty!
ankle.jpg

dun":1ua4l0ka said:
ram":1ua4l0ka said:
That's a loaded question.
I think he means because of the knee surgery!

Ha! Ha! Ha! ROFLMAO

But to the question. I have trouble kneeling. I've learned not to go down on my knees, unless I have a cushion to kneel on.

Side note: Wife and I have an agreement. We don't ever both get down at the same time for anything, because the other has to help them up!

D2Cat":2xusxmbu said:
Dun, at first those attachment devices looked like concrete nails, but then I see threads on at least one!
Looks to me like someone fixing a broken leg on a chair that didn't know what he was doing

I rode a wheelchair for 15 years. Then I had both knees replaced on the same day. Yes I had to wrestle with the doctor, best 2 out of 3 falls to get him to agree. Up and walking the day of the surgery. Wheeled me to my car (wife drove) two days later (total 3). Stopped at the pharmacy and used crutches to the rear of the store (pharmacy) then went back to the car. Very sweaty and exhausted, but I did it without a problem.

Day of discharge, had to address an issue with the doc. We had to agree that at my first appointment (3 weeks) if he wasn't happy with my progress, I'd agree to Rehab. Okay.

3 weeks; The guy, my age, in the room next door in the hospital that had one knee replaced was also there for his appointment. I carried my cane into the office and appointment. I carried my cane out. The other guy was just going in as I left. He was still hunched over his walker.

I've never looked back. I was in a wheelchair and now I can walk and/or dance with my wife. I'm not saying I don't have pain. But it is hard to complain about a little pain when I can still walk anywhere I need to go. Albeit with a cane. PS: No, I don't kneel anymore.