Kioti tractors.

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a grey market Massey good tractor, Massey supplied me with the shop manuels and parts list .
Since none of the tractors are made in the USA, Fords are made in Mexico, Dodge is owned by the Germans and most of the refining is owned by foreign countries. If we follow Flaboy thought process 90% of our vehicles,fuel and all of our tractors are grey market.

We have an early 90's ISEKI TS2800 (35 horse naturally aspirated) which I'm 99% sure is a Massey (refer to my other post).

The MF dealer's we've contacted have been much less than helpful, going so far to give a lecture on the perils of grey market tractors, and hanging up the phone.

Still looking for a service manual for this machine. Right now the hydraulics on the 3 point hitch are messed up - if you raise it to the full up position, it slowly lowers (with no control level input), like there's a leak somewhere. But there doesn't seem to be any loss of hydraulic fluid.

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

flbullrider":25uu0833 said:
We have an early 90's ISEKI TS2800 (35 horse naturally aspirated) which I'm 99% sure is a Massey (refer to my other post).

The MF dealer's we've contacted have been much less than helpful, going so far to give a lecture on the perils of grey market tractors, and hanging up the phone.

Still looking for a service manual for this machine. Right now the hydraulics on the 3 point hitch are messed up - if you raise it to the full up position, it slowly lowers (with no control level input), like there's a leak somewhere. But there doesn't seem to be any loss of hydraulic fluid.

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

There is a pressure relief valve under the seat of most masseys in the control block. If a sliver of dirt or metal get in the relief system it wont hold the load.

Campground Cattle":2tfhpp9q said:
I have a grey market Massey good tractor, Massey supplied me with the shop manuels and parts list .
Since none of the tractors are made in the USA, Fords are made in Mexico, Dodge is owned by the Germans and most of the refining is owned by foreign countries. If we follow Flaboy thought process 90% of our vehicles,fuel and all of our tractors are grey market.

Oh, fish bait again!

Well, looky what the seed I planted grew into....a debate on gray market tractors.....oh my......lol
Well fella's the search for a newer tractor has ended, successfully I hope, bought a slightly, and lightly used MF 1040 the other say....see new post for several questions regarding same. :cboy:

Medic24":38annno7 said:
Ok folks, needing a new tractor, closest dealer sells Kioti brand.... the price is right compared to botas, and Deeres, so...looking for imput of all kinds , good and bad about the this tractor as well as reliability, parts availabilty, prices etc.
Seems to have lots of bells and whistles.

Thanks to all! :cboy:

Ok Medic24, did you ever get a new tractor? If so which did you get and are you happy with it. I'm looking to buy new tractor now, something in the 50 HP range. I like the price of the Kioti but the closest dealer is close to 100 miles away. John Deere & New Holland are both within 30 miles of me.
;-)

TLCfromARK":iarcjhv8 said:
Medic24":iarcjhv8 said:
Ok folks, needing a new tractor, closest dealer sells Kioti brand.... the price is right compared to botas, and Deeres, so...looking for imput of all kinds , good and bad about the this tractor as well as reliability, parts availabilty, prices etc.

Ok Medic24, did you ever get a new tractor? If so which did you get and are you happy with it. I'm looking to buy new tractor now, something in the 50 HP range. I like the price of the Kioti but the closest dealer is close to 100 miles away. John Deere & New Holland are both within 30 miles of me.
;-)

What about Long? The only reason I'm selling mine is to get a cab tractor.

dun

dun":thwjn9vt said:
TLCfromARK":thwjn9vt said:
Medic24":thwjn9vt said:

;-)

dun

I almost bought the kioti,it is probably a good tractor.There was 2 reasons that I did not.

1)wanted more horse power

2)I am concerned because of their size (width) that they might be easier to turn over, hence the escape hatch in the roof.

dun":1z6wspki said:
TLCfromARK":1z6wspki said:
Medic24":1z6wspki said:

;-)

dun

I almost bought the kioti,it :cboy: is probably a good tractor.There was 2 reasons that I did not.

1)wanted more horse power

2)I am concerned because of their size (width) that they might be easier to turn over, hence the escape hatch in the roof. :cboy: :shock:

Yeah, our Long dealer says he'll always sell Long tractors, but he's primarily a Kubota dealer now. You have to wade through the orange to find the blue. I own a Long 2460 and it's given fair performance. However, I wouldn't buy another one. I'd rather have an older Ford. There's a lot of Fords bushhogging and putting up hay in the hills and hollows around here. Seems like Long has just faded away.