King of Cowboys

Help Support CattleToday:

hopalong":169vyxva said:
CASEY TIBBS???

I never met Casey but I did get to know his traveling partner Deb Copenhavor. He won two world championships riding broncs (55, 56 ?). For years he had a little cafe in the town of Creston, Wash. which is a little west of Spokane. We would stop in whenever we went through there. He would come out and sit with us and want to be filled in on all the details of what was happening in the rodeo world. My old friend here who rode broncs in that same era said Casey could make a classier ride but Deb could ride a ranker horse.
Deb's son won the world calf roping in the middle 70's. I think they are the only father/son - rough stock/timed event world champs.

Pain, travel, and fatigue probably lead many down the path of drugs. If I rope a little while on Saturdays now it is difficult to get out of bed and dressed on Sunday. I can't imagine doing it a lot.

Bigfoot said:
Pain, travel, and fatigue probably lead many down the path of drugs. If I rope a little while on Saturdays now it is difficult to get out of bed and dressed on Sunday. I can't imagine doing it a lot.[/quote

It will come as no surprise to those who have spent serious time behind the chutes, but nearly every drug known to man is available back there. Pills to help you drive all night to the next one. Pain pills of every size and stregth. I guess they can help at times but many a good cowboy has lost himself in those pills.

Latest posts