Kinda like this one

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
Kinda like this little steer... Pretty heavy muscled. Out of a Tarentaise Cow and SimAngus bull. Mom has always raised lighter muscles daughters and had her first bull calf last spring and he is going to be a tank...

A poor picture of his Dam..

His sire...

Bright Raven":3t8g6ptq said:
Bull looks outstanding in that picture.

Looks swampy in a couple pictures or is it a rainy period?

We have never had such a cool bull. He is the most well mannered bull we have ever had. And he throws some great calves but isn't really heifer safe lol.

There is about 2-3 acres of wet stuff like that and the cattle cut through that to get to different pastures. We had 4 inches of fresh rains so that doesn't help either.

The calf looks a bit like some of the Limo calves I have had.. Just for my taste, a little more leg than I like, but he does have nice muscle
He reminds me of this one
20150617_100907sm.jpg

holm25":2490g26p said:
Kinda like this little steer... Pretty heavy muscled. Out of a Tarentaise Cow and SimAngus bull. Mom has always raised lighter muscles daughters and had her first bull calf last spring and he is going to be a tank...

A poor picture of his Dam..

His sire...
How do these black nosed red calves do at the sale barns?

Geneticists recently identified a new color gene "Wild Type Coat Color Allele". Both reds & blacks can have it, blacks only have visible signs if they are Homozygous for the Allele - making them brownish (different than the diluter gene).
Red cattle can have black nose, black around eyes, ears & tail.
"Many Simbrah and most Brahman have the wild type and also Brown Swiss, Tarantaise, and Jersey. A brindle also has a wild type allele. Many red breeds carry the brindle gene but it is not expressed unless the animal has a wild-type allele. Most European (fullblood) Simmentals do not carry the brindle gene. Red breeds like Hereford, Red Angus and some red Simmentals may also carry the brindle gene but it is not expressed unless combined with a wild-type. Some Red Angus and Red Simmentals have one copy of the wild-type Extension. They often have a black nose."

Latest posts