killing bahia

Help Support CattleToday:

kossetx

Reaction score
I'm ready to kill some. Cimmeron states it'll do the job. Will it? I know this is kinda vague but I don't know what to ask. Any advice? Thanks, MP

Never used it but Ally (could be misspelled) will work on it. A bit expensive but a little bit goes a long way.

I think ally and cimmaron are the same or nearly the same. One's labeled for pature land and one isn't I'm thinking. I've used it and yes it will definitely kill bahia. Tex is right about a little going a long way. I killed 25acres of bahia with a container of it about the size of an medium sized aspirin bottle.

ga. prime":17jv1ktu said:
I think ally and cimmaron are the same or nearly the same. One's labeled for pature land and one isn't I'm thinking. I've used it and yes it will definitely kill bahia. Tex is right about a little going a long way. I killed 25acres of bahia with a container of it about the size of an medium sized aspirin bottle.

ga..I had a little bahia in he back yard....would put about 30 granules in a one gallon pump up sprayer and kill the heck out of it. ;-)

Try a product called Martins Clean pasture. It will take care of Bahia and other weeds. Not very expensive either.

TexasBred":3h501hjs said:
ga. prime":3h501hjs said:

ga..I had a little bahia in he back yard....would put about 30 granules in a one gallon pump up sprayer and kill the heck out of it. ;-)
Thirty granules for a back yard sounds about right! :nod:

Cimmaron is the new name for Ally made by DuPont. Cleaner Pastures is the generic form of chemical in Cimmaron.

Chapparal has the same chemical that is in Cimmarron added to aminopyralid ( a new chemistry). It has about 15/100 oz of metasulfuron methyl (the chemical in Cimmarron) which will suppress bahia but not completely kill it. Use 4/10 oz to kill bahia and may have to do for 2 or 3 years as there is a good seed supply for the bahia to come back .from

Thanks Ya'll, I haven't had time to check but are any of these chemicals retricted use?

Cimmaron is the new name for Ally.

Oust labeled for Pine Trees at 1.5 oz per acre will kill everything including mature Oaks up to 50 ft away and leave only bermuda grass. Comes in a 3 lb jug and only 700 dollars. residual of 3 years. Best when applied at 20 gallons of water per acre.

edrsimms":1qlbownb said:
Cimmaron is the new name for Ally.

Oust labeled for Pine Trees at 1.5 oz per acre will kill everything including mature Oaks up to 50 ft away and leave only bermuda grass. Comes in a 3 lb jug and only 700 dollars. residual of 3 years. Best when applied at 20 gallons of water per acre.

Oust is good stuff and will rain death on bahia but I don't know about it killing oaks at that distance.

Latest posts