Killed by a Woodchipper............

Help Support CattleToday:

That's a terrible way to go. Something similar happened here a few years ago when a fella neglected to use his lockout key in a log line going into the whole tree chipper. Was told the line was down because someone else had used their key and the guy stepped into the log line to adjust a log or something when the other key was pulled and the line started up again and pulled him in the chipper. Only thing they found was his belt buckle, his lockout key and his wedding band. Bad way to go.

It does happen, those bump bars on the back are there for a reason and it better to have to reset them then the alternative.

A fellow here son came to get him one evening for dinner while he was chopping silage, who knows why kids do what they do but he waited for his dad on the standing corn side. Didn't see him just heard a scream, they buried the whole load of silage. I get careless sometimes like everybody but one thought of that story snaps me out of it in a hurry. Don't know how you go on from that.

Be safe out there everybody!

SmokinM":cy3xbd3t said:
It does happen, those bump bars on the back are there for a reason and it better to have to reset them then the alternative.

A fellow here son came to get him one evening for dinner while he was chopping silage, who knows why kids do what they do but he waited for his dad on the standing corn side. Didn't see him just heard a scream, they buried the whole load of silage. I get careless sometimes like everybody but one thought of that story snaps me out of it in a hurry. Don't know how you go on from that.

A couple of years ago a dairyman fell into his vertical mixer wagon while it was mixing. All they found were small pieces.

fargo-moorhead-convention.jpg

SmokinM":8opshboj said:

Grandpa always planted corn right up to the fence row. Before we could get the single row chopper and truck through the field we would cut the first three rows by hand and pile the stalks up. When we finished with a field we would then throw those piles into the chopper by hand. I always hated that job because I knew I was one stumble away from going into that chopper.

I just read in the local paper that this incident happened just north of us. I never really looked at this post as it made me shiver and I assumed that it occurred in the US. You get our news before we do these days.

Ken

ALACOWMAN":2hrgrfjz said:
wbvs58":2hrgrfjz said:
You get our news before we do these days.

Ken
. This country likes to stick our noses in other people business...

We tend to like to know what goes on in the other side of the world also.

Something like this I wonder how long it is before the lights go out, do you get to realise what has happened?

Ken

wbvs58":1ya14rgs said:
ALACOWMAN":1ya14rgs said:
wbvs58":1ya14rgs said:
You get our news before we do these days.

Ken
. This country likes to stick our noses in other people business...

We tend to like to know what goes on in the other side of the world also.

Something like this I wonder how long it is before the lights go out, do you get to realise what has happened?

Ken
maybe for a ""split""" second, atleast it happens fast... Not like being burned to death. Or slowly from a auto accident ..

Latest posts