kill the army worms kill the army worms

Help Support CattleToday:

wildsawmill

Reaction score
ok im not elmer fud but im 46 miles north of springfield ,mo.
my wife found army worms infested in the fence row :bang: between garden & pasture
i here about these guys 100 miles south of me with no grass from army worms :mad:
so any sugestions on kill them before they take out the grass, garden :deadhorse:
allso i got a 1.5 acre wheet field i plan on planting it all in sweet corn after wheet harvest , ideas?
i was planning on useing a liquid fertlizer mabe i could mix something in with it to apply at same time
im concerened about treatment now then comes a rain or a month goes by & my treatment might be all gone
ideas? :hide:

If you are finding less than 5 a square foot you dont need to spray . I'd wait until they are about a inch to a inch and a quarter then spray with sevin . It will last for 14 days an kill the ones just hatching . A lot of rain after a dry spell is when we usually see the most . I can usually find one or two anytime if I look long enough

I've only seen them when I fertilize and we get a lot of rain. They like healthy fast growing grass

They are finding them around Hartville MO, I went out and looked at my fields this morning found some dead and dried up in one field with no damage-thank god! Other than that no sign of them-I think these cooler nights are deterring them. One year we had them and they wiped out our whole top of our farm, we sprayed the perimeter of the bottom fields and that stopped them, that year we fertilzed, this year we did not

I know someone 8 miles from me that now needs to buy over a thousand bales becuase of them. so far i have not had any problems but still hav a lot of hay to bale.

I usually have to spray once a year for army worms . My grass recovers really fast after the worms are killed . It's almost like they fertalize the grass .

Latest posts